Gtown or Upitt???????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pooja

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide between gtown and upitt medical schools. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

well...what are you looking for in a med school?? I would definitely go for UPitt; diverse
student body, supportive faculty, non-competitive and very friendly environment, excellent
innovative curriculum, with many opportunites for research....not to mention that... looking at only national reputation Pitt Med is ranked much higher than Gtown, top 20. DC may be
better than Pitt as far as location goes but pitt is a nice, affordable small city, with a lot more
going for it than people seem to realize. anyway, just make the decision based on what you believe will make you happy.
Good Luck.

spring

pitt by a land slide. pitt is one of the best kept secrets and is almost a top 10 school. how are the financial aid comparisons of the two? ask around about pitt and you will get nothing but positive responses. gtown is well know for their malignant ways in the hospital and they are under some financial truoble. if it was me, i would be blessed if i had the opportunity to get into pitt. just my 2 cents. take care and good luck.... :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Definately U Pitt. Good luck.

Thank you to all of you for your input...I will be sending my paperwork to Upitt tomorrow morning...thanks again :)

Glad you made the choice! I was accepted to G'town too but chose Pitt and have absolutely no doubt about it. See you there in the fall.