Decided

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chrysostom1896

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I'm not particularly familiar with global health, but I would say based on your pros/cons maybe HMS or Yale? HMS and Yale are distinctly different curriculums. HMS will have more structure and Yale is more optional structure, its there if you want it but you don't have to attend most things if you don't feel like it benefits you.

My friends at HMS say the school doesn't do the best job with the student experience, although keep in mind many of them were there during the pandemic so that may influence their view on that. My friends at YSM are very happy.

NYU and Michigan also sound like great options but the P/F clinicals would make me lean toward HMS and Yale. However, their global health departments may outweigh that for you - I would look more into that and seek out other opinions here. At these price points though go with whichever serves your needs the best.

I went to HMS, and I can confirm that the mentorship and support are not particularly strong there. We had to be pretty self-reliant for everything.

Regarding reputation, for what you want to do, there will be absolutely no difference between Harvard and Yale. I think it's hard to see that as a pre-med, but I have personally witnessed it among my friends from HMS, Yale, Penn, Stanford, etc.

So, though I liked my experience at HMS, based on your list of factors, I would say that Yale should be your top choice, assuming the finances are similar.

Feel free to DM me with any questions.

Reactions: 1 user