Has anyone declined their commission then applied to Med School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PalmettoGuy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I'm in the process of working on the AMCAS application to turn in this summer and have a couple questions that I was hoping that someone might have some quick answers to. I graduated from USMC OCS but declined my commission due for personal reasons. On the AMCAS application, there is a question asking if you have ever been discharged from the military. I thought that I was separated, but just wanted to make sure. Also, are there transcripts that must be sent in for OCS? I know that it is not listed under http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/2008amcasinstructionsrevised.pdf on page 29, but I didn't know if I needed to call up to Quantico to check. Just seeing if anyone can point me to a website that might have this info before I start waiting on the phone to talk to the people at AMCAS.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey folks,

I'm in the process of working on the AMCAS application to turn in this summer and have a couple questions that I was hoping that someone might have some quick answers to. I graduated from USMC OCS but declined my commission due for personal reasons. On the AMCAS application, there is a question asking if you have ever been discharged from the military. I thought that I was separated, but just wanted to make sure. Also, are there transcripts that must be sent in for OCS? I know that it is not listed under http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/2008amcasinstructionsrevised.pdf on page 29, but I didn't know if I needed to call up to Quantico to check. Just seeing if anyone can point me to a website that might have this info before I start waiting on the phone to talk to the people at AMCAS.

Thanks
I didn't include any of my military schools on my AMCAS (except for USMA). If you are no longer on AD or in the Reserve, I would say you have been effectively discharged (even if you are IRR).