Has everyone finished their secondaries????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Om5

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone answer this q? Am just about done, and am wondering if I am screwed???

Members don't see this ad.

I have finished 21 out of 22 (Wake Forest just notified me that they have my app -- they were waiting for verified apps before starting their screening process). Nos. 21 & 22 I finished relatively recently, but had the rest done a couple weeks ago. I have been working steadily on them ever since I finished submitting my AMCAS on 7/25. If I were you, I would get those secondaries in ASAP! However, this is probably the best year for procrastinators ever.

I'm still working on mine... I took the MCAT in august and only submitted the amcas afterwards... so I'm feeling waaaayyy behind the game here.. glad to have some company?
I hope it won't affect us too negatively.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is DEFINITELY the best year for procrastinating ever! Anyways, I got 9 done this week. I was waiting for a letter of rec that I wasn't sure I would get, but finally did. Lots and lots more left though (CA Resident).

I'm from Canada, so I wasn't really on top of my game until quite recently. One more secondary to go. References haven't even gone in yet! Very frustrated!!!!!!

Yep I'll join the ranks of the procastinators. I am sitting on my Northwestern App, but I just got access to the website last week so I have plenty of time before the deadline. I'm also waiting for Wake to screen me in/out and still haven't heard a word from Hahvud (as if I could ever get in anyway!) ;)

I don't think procastinating on secondaries will hurt you very much as long as you get then in SOON. If we get them in by Nov 1, we will still meet most schools deadlines with a month to spare!

Northwestern has a deadline if I remember correctly. You might want to check when yours is.

If it makes you feel better at all, I have about 20 more to go and haven't heard from about 10 schools b/c they are screening and I took the August MCAT. The reason I am behind is that I spent a lot of time on the essays for each and proof-read them like 10 times.

Jalbrekt,

Yeah I assume they have a deadline, but the thing is - I have not actually received ANY correspondence from them. I just found out that I had access to the website because I am obsessive and check it every few days. From what the website says, I was thinking that I would receive either a letter or an email directing me to the website application and informing me of my personal due date. Is this correct? I'm planning to finish it in the next few days anyway and get it out of my sight, but I'd like to know if I was supposed to get a letter/email...Thanks.

Thanks for all the answers guys. anyone know which schools have deadlines coming up asap, ie Oct 31, nov 1st. The help would be totally appreciated. I LOVE SDN!!!!!!!!! :D

Jargon124,

You should receive a letter. It will give you about three weeks to do the application, and perhaps five weeks to send in your recommendations.

still no secondaries received from:

hopkins, stanford, georgetown, and duke.

i know duke's is online, but just submitted their name and they haven't responded yet.

btw- georgetown admissions office has the personality of a rabid mule. submitted their name a month ago, AMCAS hasn't sent them jack and they refuse to send me a secondary.

here's to getting in somewhere better before they send me a secondary so i wont have to write them a check!

But...Georgetown doesn't screen, do they?

Members don't see this ad :)
Georgetown screens your wallet... :D

Thanks jftsai.

Goergetown does NOT screen. If you havent gotten a secondary I suggest you call and TELL them to mail you one. But you're right Lady, Georgetown is interested in $$$. Where do they get off asking people for credit reports?

I don't think Hopkins screens for secondaries either.

i call everyday, the witch in the office refuses to expedite the process until amcas sends them my app. i keep pleading with them and they keep saying no. forget 'em.

-choker

send her some anthrax, maybe she will move...
sorry for a dark joke, could not resist :D :D

hey choker,
If you wanted, you could do the essay for Georgetown before they get around to sending you the secondary...the essay's the only hard part, the secondary was just one page front and back I think. I believe the essay was just "Why Georgetown?" and could be a full 8 1/2 by 11 page, but you could do a search here and find out definitely. hope that helps!

Hey,

Any August MCATers recieve a word from Loyola, Finch, or Harvard?

I only applied to the CA schools and I just received my 7th secondary today from UCI. The only one that I have not heard from is Stanford. They told me they were waiting for verified info from AMCAS.

I try to get them back to the school ASAP, this is way to possibly gain some time in the admissions process.

For those of you worrying about interview status here's a story you might be interested in. I submitted my secondary to NYMC 8/27 the day I got their email. They charged my credit card 9/12. Despite having charged me they STILL (as of 10/26) can't process my secondary. I've faxed them my credit card statement twice, and they have even admitted that it is their mistake. But they insisted they are working on it and that it's still early in the admissions process. To top this all off, they have generally been rude when i've called.

At this point I am so fed up with this school that I'm thinking off just calling up the credit card company and disputing the charges. Wash U St. Louis lost a component of my application and was very apologetic when I called. The secretary gave me here toll-free direct dail number, and rushed my app a head. Needless to say I haven't been impressed with NYMC.

hey derby, is that you dave?

recognized you from the story.

-heheheheheh, weird.

-el choker.