Houston Job Market

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iluvpassingas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Wondering if any of you have any good insights on the Houston job market. I'm familiar with GHA and there salary/lifestyle. Can anybody comment on any other groups in regards to salary/partnership/lifestyle. Can't really find any information.

It just seems like GHA runs most of Houston, they don't offer partnership tracks, and the pay is relatively low compared to other city's big groups in the Texas market.

Any groups y'all know info on, please share!! I'd be happy to share more no on GHA for those that have any general questions.

Members don't see this ad.

bump.

Anyone have any information on North Houston Anesthesia group in specific? Seems like a stable-group in regards to it's size and hospitals. Anyone know what their packages (hours/call/pay) are like and willing to share? Are they offering partnership tracks?

Any information on the smaller Houston groups?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you've answered your own questions. Houston market is tight. No one is offering a traditional partner track right now. North Houston package is comparable to GHA - similar base, extra for call, etc. Women's group just sold to Mednax. If you want partnership, look outside of Houston.

I think you've answered your own questions. Houston market is tight. No one is offering a traditional partner track right now. North Houston package is comparable to GHA - similar base, extra for call, etc. Women's group just sold to Mednax. If you want partnership, look outside of Houston.

How are the other texas cities? Thinking about coming back after leaving for residency...

Thanks for the insight.

I agree, it seems like Dallas has better job offers currently then Houston. Texas is a popular state to practice since tort-reform (capped mal-practice) and no state-income tax.

Austin is a super-hard market to break in and it seems that Houston is following.

Thanks for the insight.

I agree, it seems like Dallas has better job offers currently then Houston. Texas is a popular state to practice since tort-reform (capped mal-practice) and no state-income tax.

Austin is a super-hard market to break in and it seems that Houston is following.

Austin is easier in some ways than Houston. You can still find partnership track offers in Austin, especially if you are persistent, or have something specific to offer. That doesn't exist in Houston right now. Houston is easier in Austin in some ways, in that yes, you can get a job in Houston - but it may not be the best job. Austin may have more desirable positions, if that makes sense. Dallas is a mix of both.

Hey guys,

Wondering if any of you have any good insights on the Houston job market. I'm familiar with GHA and there salary/lifestyle. Can anybody comment on any other groups in regards to salary/partnership/lifestyle. Can't really find any information.

It just seems like GHA runs most of Houston, they don't offer partnership tracks, and the pay is relatively low compared to other city's big groups in the Texas market.

Any groups y'all know info on, please share!! I'd be happy to share more no on GHA for those that have any general questions.

Could you comment on GHA salary/life style? I'm not familiar with. Thanks.

GHA has multiple divisions that basically operate independently, but are under the same USAP (formerly iMed) umbrella. Each division offers its own package based upon your schedule and the call you take. Some divisions consider a full call schedule being q4, some are one call per week with one weekend per month, etc. You can also do mommy track and work 8-3:30 or 8-5:30 M-F with the opportunity to pick up calls that people don't want. Pay typically starts with a base salary and increases with the number of hours or calls you take regularly. Again, each division differs in how they handle schedule and payment so you'd have to interview and find out exactly what's being offered at that time.

GHA has multiple divisions that basically operate independently, but are under the same USAP (formerly iMed) umbrella. Each division offers its own package based upon your schedule and the call you take. Some divisions consider a full call schedule being q4, some are one call per week with one weekend per month, etc. You can also do mommy track and work 8-3:30 or 8-5:30 M-F with the opportunity to pick up calls that people don't want. Pay typically starts with a base salary and increases with the number of hours or calls you take regularly. Again, each division differs in how they handle schedule and payment so you'd have to interview and find out exactly what's being offered at that time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but with iMed, partners owned GHA about 100% but with USAP, partners will own <50%.
When partnership tracks come back, they won't be worth what they once were. That SHOULD translate to a shorter, better paying partnership track.