how hard is med school really?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amherstguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
any thoughts

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference, I believe.

it's like studying for the mcat all the time.

its a little harder than steel, but softer than titanium.

:laugh: All funny responses!

The general concensis is that the material itself is not too difficult, but that there is a huge amount. So it takes a lot of dedication.

I'm still curious about the 42 comment, is that some chapter of the book or what

I thought the question was "what is 6 times 8?"

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Rendar5
I thought the question was "what is 6 times 8?"

The question was 6 time 7 (hence, 42). God also says sorry for the inconvienence.

Oh. And it depends on where you go to school for how hard med school is. Some schools kill their students. Most don't. I'd say it isn't complicated, but there is a TON of information.

oh, I remember the question not equaling the answer, but I haven't read the books in so long, so you're probably right.

Has anyone heard rumors as to which schools have a notoriously tough first or second year? I know they're all hard but some are harder than others. I think UCSD came up a while back but I can't remember.

No matter where you go to school, it will be difficult. You can count on that.

But I can give you some insight into how hard it is. Imagine taking 4-5 upper division, memorization intensive Summer School bio classes (or any hard science for that matter). Thats med school. No time to study like you want to. Have to keep up as much as possible, realize that you will not, and cannot, learn it all, which is (and still is) very difficult for me. I guess I'm an A type personality, and half-a** learning something just isn't how I did undergrad. Its a big adjustment thats for sure.

At least thats how I think of it...

Originally posted by Whisker Barrel Cortex
med school is easy compared to most residencies.

I would imagine a good deal easier than removing your own kidneys with a spoon.

Originally posted by Rendar5
oh, I remember the question not equaling the answer, but I haven't read the books in so long, so you're probably right.

Last edited:
Getting in to medical school was much harder than being in medical school. Just my opinion..............

Originally posted by Cerberus

I think 42 equates to the number of exam questions Cerberus answered right based on 100. LOLZ J/K!!!