IA Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

l1453

Reaction score
Hi SDN,

I have a question about IAs. Freshman year during COVID school I shared my answers with someone and got in trouble with my professor and university. I am a senior now and have had no other incidences throughout college ad have been diligent about my work. Soon after the incident, I signed up for a remediation course through my school's student conduct office for first time violations and they changed my incident to non-disciplinary upon completion. They also said "if a third party, such as a medical school, were to ask, we would say that you have no misconducts with our office". I am a little confused on how I should fill out the IA question on the AMCAS. If my conduct office now says I have no misconducts at all on my record in their office, does that mean I have nothing to report? At the same time, I definitely don't want to put "No" thinking that's what that means and then finding out I made a mistake later on.

Members don't see this ad.

Institutional Action: Medical schools need to know if you were ever the recipient of any institutional action resulting from unacceptable academic performance or a conduct violation, even if such action did not interrupt your enrollment, require you to withdraw, or does not appear on your official transcripts due to institutional policy or personal petition.

Reactions: 4 users
The answer is you have to report it according to AMCAS rules...just be sure to be as forthcoming as possible and show your growth. A 1 time offense several years ago shouldn't hurt too much.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, just tell the whole story including the fact your school thought enough of you to expunge it from your record. I promise nobody will care (well, most people).

Reactions: 1 user