IMPORTANT information on USMLE !!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which would you rather have(if you could only pick one)?

• AVG score on STEP 1 and high 90's on STEP 2.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • HIGH 90's on STEP 1 and AVG score on STEP 2.

Votes: 62 96.9%

• Total voters

OneStrongBro

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Step 1 or Step 2?

Members don't see this ad.

Your polls tend to be a bit one sided.

if you nail step 1 you will probably go to a better residency. if you nail step 2 you will probably be a better doctor. who cares about being a better doctor, it's all about prestige, baby. i voted for step 1

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this poll a joke?? Everyone knows that Step 1 gets your foot in the door at a lot of places and programs, especially the early matches!

It's just common knowledge. They beat in your brain to get a good residency you need a good step 1 score.

One Strong Bro-
yeah it is common knowledge. Often, your Step 2 scores aren't even in by the time you send in your ERAS.

Not that it matters. Does one study *less* for a test they don't think is important? I mean, are you really goign to study less on Step 1 or Step 2 because of what you hear?

Q

QuinnNSU said:
One Strong Bro-
yeah it is common knowledge. Often, your Step 2 scores aren't even in by the time you send in your ERAS.

Not that it matters. Does one study *less* for a test they don't think is important? I mean, are you really goign to study less on Step 1 or Step 2 because of what you hear?

Q

Looks like one cannot make up for a poor or average score on STEP1. Step 1 is the most important exam in one's career. Bar none.