Interview invites 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thomas jefferson
kaiser santa clara

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Colorado today

Friday, November 17, 2006 Monday, December 18, 2006
Monday, November 20, 2006 Friday, January 5, 2007
Monday, November 27, 2006 Monday, January 8, 2007
Friday, December 1, 2006 Friday, January 12, 2007
Monday, December 4, 2006 Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Friday, December 8, 2006 Friday, January 19, 200
Monday, December 11, 2006 Monday, January 22, 2007
Friday, December 15, 2006

I hear Harvard is done with interviews for the year.

:p

Just got an invite from the University of Washington (Seattle) today. Yay!

Sent in my appplication on Oct 15. My application will not be complete until Nov 1 - missing 2 LORs and Dean's letter.
Interview offers:

Duke
Columbia
Brown
Maryland

Yale today through ERAS and e-mail. My application for Yale was finished on 10/17 (except for the MSPE).

Friday, December 1, 2006 Friday, January 5, 2007
Tuesday, December 5, 2006 Tuesday, January 9, 2007
Friday, December 8, 2006 Friday, January 12, 2007
Tuesday, December 12, 2006 Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Friday, December 15, 2006 Friday, January 19, 2007
Tuesday, December 19, 2006 Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Members don't see this ad :)
Yale today through ERAS and e-mail. My application for Yale was finished on 10/17 (except for the MSPE).

this whole process is so much more cryptic than i thought it would be. i got my yale invite about two weeks ago, but it seems like they send out invites in batches. i was discouraged to read all the posts about rejections from columbia---on one hand, i didn't get a rejection, but i didn't get invited either. i think it might have to do with the fact that the final document uploaded to my ERAS app was the letter of rec from the IM Chairman/Departmental letter, which happened on Monday. Maybe programs didn't want to make any final decisions until that came out?

I've only heard from Yale and USC. No rejections (yet). Also applied to family practice programs that are close to home, and as far as they're concerned, I've heard from UCLA FP, Kaiser-Woodland Hills, and Columbia FP. I wonder what Columbia would be like being a fam practice resident...i mean, it's still columbia, right? But I need to read up some more about the program.

Looking forward to hearing news from some other programs soon...hopefully good news.

UC San Diego today by ERAS and e-mail (application completed by 10/17)

Monday, December 4
Tuesday, December 5
Thursday, December 7
Monday, December 11
Tuesday, December 12
Thursday, December 14
Monday, December 18
Tuesday, December 19

Thursday, January 4
Monday, January 8
Tuesday, January 9
Thursday, January 11
Tuesday, January 16
Thursday, January 18
Monday, January 22
Tuesday, January 23
Thursday, January 25
Monday, January 29

when you guys say app completed, does that mean all the letters are completed cept the mspe?

this process is so random!! I get invites from programs that I thought i wouldnt get them and the programs that I thought were easy to get an invite from some of them have sent me rejections!!! LOL

I applied to alot of places due to low board scores, but some places that have send me invites have surprise me, some rejections too!!!

when you guys say app completed, does that mean all the letters are completed cept the mspe?

Yes, application completed = LOR, medicine department letter, transcript, USMLE, profile, etc. Everything except for the MSPE which doesn't come out until November 1st.

suny-downstate
Yale -- primary
University of Michigan
St. Luke's-St. Roosevelt

Still waiting to hear from the big guns on that Island!

yale & cornell today

re: yale, i can't seem to find a fellowship match list on their website, if anyone has had more luck than me, please provide the link. thanks!

Got Cornell today. I'm wondering if it has more to do with the fact that I did an away rotation there or based on the merit of my application? Any word on how this works?

i believe most programs will interview any applicant who does an away rotation. however, if you impressed them during your time there, it will certainly help your ranking by the program.

Got Cornell today. I'm wondering if it has more to do with the fact that I did an away rotation there or based on the merit of my application? Any word on how this works?

3rd LOR (which was the IM chair's letter) in on 10/25. So far, heard from 6 programs, all invites:
Duke
Columbia - Dec dates: 5,7,12,19,21,28
Cornell - Dec 5, 7, 14, 16, 19, 21, 28; Jan 9, 11, 18, 20, 23, 25
Brown
Georgetown- Nov 6, 8, 13, 15, 27, 29; Dec 6, 11, 13; Jan 10, 17, 22, 24, 29
Maryland

I think I applied to too many programs (16!) but better that than too few. I'm going to attend most of my interviews though, so I can check out the various cities for fun and the hospitals for when Cardiology fellowship applications come around in 2 years or so. :)

Wow -- I guess Columbia, Cornell, etc. are really looking at scores and then deciding on whom to interview. That's completely legit -- I just wish they'd ding me so I know I can stop thinking about a possibility of going there.

Wow -- I guess Columbia, Cornell, etc. are really looking at scores and then deciding on whom to interview. That's completely legit -- I just wish they'd ding me so I know I can stop thinking about a possibility of going there.

From what I gather, it seems that the interview offers come in waves. It sounds like there will be another one after the release of the dean's letter. So don't lose heart! No rejection letter yet, no rejection.

i believe most programs will interview any applicant who does an away rotation. however, if you impressed them during your time there, it will certainly help your ranking by the program.
I'm pretty sure I got my Mayo interview since I rotated there. It came just one or two business days after meeting with one of their assistant program directors.

how was rochester?

When the application season started...i was getting interviews on a consistent basis....at times multiple invites in one day. But, i havent gotten any invites in almost two weeks. I have gotten a few rejections but NO INVITES!!! HAs this been happening to anyone else???

Minnesota and Louisiana State today :)

are most programs now waiting for MSPE to come out before they send out invites? A little dry streak here

From what I gather, it seems that the interview offers come in waves. It sounds like there will be another one after the release of the dean's letter. So don't lose heart! No rejection letter yet, no rejection.

Yes, "waves" is exactly right. The next (and biggest) wave of invites will come after Nov 1st, so those that sent their applications very early will likely hear something the first week of Nov, and the rest the second or third week of November.

UCLA/San Fernando Valley Program at Olive View-UCLA Medical Center
* November 8, 14, 20, 21, 27, 29, 2006
* December 4, 5, 11, 12, 13, 2006
* January 9, 10, 12, 16, 22, 23, 24, 29, 2007

When the application season started...i was getting interviews on a consistent basis....at times multiple invites in one day. But, i havent gotten any invites in almost two weeks. I have gotten a few rejections but NO INVITES!!! HAs this been happening to anyone else???

Things have dried up for me considerably also. I have only gotten one interview in the past two weeks. From talking with other people at my school, this seems to be the trend. I guess that it is getting late enough now where the programs are waiting for the Dean's Letters to come out.

Jefferson
Florida

Does anyone know if you apply to programs that have "Primary" + "Categorical" choices if you get one you can't get the other. Or, if you need to interview for both at different occasions?

Thanks.

Just got UMich today and there are no interview spots still open in December. And still no love from Yale!! Is it unreasonable to expect another wave after the MSPE?

I just received U. Michigan today.

Other invities:
Cleveland Clinic
UT Southwestern
Pitt
Colorado
Emory
BUMC
Miami

Good luck everyone!!

Rejected from Kern County Categorical

I'm sure invites were sent out today as well.

VCU on yesterday via email/eras

Since I last posted

UTMB and Medical University of South Carolina. So thats 9 out of 15 and one of my letters is still not in.

University of Alabama Birg. today. suprised on 10/31 to get one

cornell invite.

here comes november....!

Interviews:
Cincinnati
Dartmouth
IU
Mayo - Rochester
MUSC
Ohio State
Colorado
U Florida - Gainesville