Interviews 2005/2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UCLA - San Fernando Valley by email

Members don't see this ad.

Two so far...

1. Dartmouth- Hitchcock Medical Center
2. University of Wisconsin- Madison

How good are these two?

March 16, 2006 1.00 pm ET...

seems like light years away!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

How many rec letters do those of you who received UW interviews have in? I havent received mine, but I only have 1 letter in so I wonder if that might be why.

I've gotten Emory and Einstein so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Pride said:
How many rec letters do those of you who received UW interviews have in? I havent received mine, but I only have 1 letter in so I wonder if that might be why.

I've gotten Emory and Einstein so far.
Three letters. UW offered me the interview after it had downloaded 2 of them.

-AT.

There are way too many people sneaking a peek at who's offering interviews yet not posting where they've been invited to. Too affraid to share? As for me I haven't turned in ERAS yet.

I just got UCLA-OliveView/SFV, and Michigan, both by email

I just got Michigan by e-mail!

My list so far:

1. Wash. U., St. Louis
2. Vanderbilt
3. University of North Carolina
4. University of Wisconsin, Madison
5. University of Michigan

Just so that we're all on the same page, I will be VERY happy if I match at my home school. I applied to several competitive programs just to see the schools and the cities; also, I figured that I would need AT LEAST 7 schools on my ROL just to be safe--besides, I may interview at one of the programs and fall head-over-heels for it! :love: Who knows! :love:

I am not a gunner!
I am not a gunner!
I am not a gunner!....

hey everybody. i first looked at this website today through a link on scutwork.com. i see that a lot of people have heard from U of Washington but i also haven't heard from them and i submitted my app on sept 1. has anyone heard anything about colorado's program in denver? thanks.

my list so far:
hopkins
emory
UNC
vanderbilt

Heard of this website from a friend. It's very helpful!

my list so far:
JHU
emory
Wash U
Michigan

Today.... U Penn (by phone only) and UC-Denver.

Haven't heard from U of Washington-Seattle.

my list so far (all by email):

stanford
harbor-ucla
ucla-san fernando valley
michigan
johns hopkins
wash U

Wow, Stanford is sending out interviews already? I haven't heard from them. I wish my letter-writers would get a move on.

Anyway, I got U of Colorado (Denver) today. :)

seems like yesterday was a big day for colorado. i also heard from them. U of maryland- sheppard pratt invited me yesterday too. all of mine have been through email. i feel lucky coz for psych we don't have to apply to many programs. i heard this one person in my class is applying to 90 derm programs. that's unreal.

"A man walks in to see his psychiatrist wearing nothing but plastic wrap around his groin. The psychiatrist says, 'I can clearly see your nuts.'"

"A man walks in to see his psychiatrist wearing nothing but plastic wrap around his groin. The psychiatrist says, 'I can clearly see your nuts.'"[/QUOTE]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
university of maryland - sheppard pratt

(all have been via email thus far)

Oy vay, I havent been here in forever!

my stats: step 1: 181 step 2: 182 taking step 2cs in february

I've applied to 14 programs, got invites to

umdnj, camden
jefferson, philadelphia

REALLY want to hear from the carolina schools or florida schools

anyone hear anything? how long after submitting did you hear back?

i got my first two interviews after 3 days and now NOTHING!!! :eek:

Hi everyone,

I just posted who I've heard from and what not. Do you think 14 programs is not enough? I know my home school wants me, and I would be thrilled there the people are amazing and so is the program. But I think my obsessiveness is kicking in and I'm wondering if I should be applying to more programs now.

Any advice would be great on how many programs you applied to!

hey poety,
i've heard from some residents and attendings that around 15 is fine. i applied to 12. this is definitely a stressful time so i know what you mean. with respect to when the programs get back to you about interviews, it varies so all that can be done is keep checking your email and watching the new family guy episodes.

how many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?
one, but the light bulb has to want to change.

U. Mich today by e-mail.

I see from the above posts that Penn and Stanford have begun inviting; I'm still waiting. How much of the application was in for those of you who already received invitations?

thanks boba for the words of encouragement. still nothing and im checking email like crazy. to the above poster, I applied in early sept and had invites by 1.5 weeks. I applied to the southern programs last week and I haven't heard back yet. Oh, i got my invites with 1 letter of rec, both usmle scores, no transcripts from med school, and no photo lol

good luck everyone, keep posting your interview invites! :D

i've never posted to a forum out of shyness, but i've been eavesdropping (and i'm not even a gunner) and felt bad...
here are my invites so far: wash u., st. louis u., usc and ucla-sfv. any other d.o. applicants getting interviews?

tiger4evr said:
i've never posted to a forum out of shyness, but i've been eavesdropping (and i'm not even a gunner) and felt bad...
here are my invites so far: wash u., st. louis u., usc and ucla-sfv. any other d.o. applicants getting interviews?

i'ma do applicant
umdnj
nymc-westchester
robert wood

just got institute for living in hartford and UNC

so now ive got 4 :)

all invites:

SLU
Florida
Palmetto Health/South Carolina
UNC
Emory
UTMB-Galveston

osiris3 said:
all invites:

SLU
Florida
UNC
Emory
UTMB-Galveston

that is GREAT OSIRIS!!! I wish you all the luck on your interviews :) Maybe I'll run into you at UNC :) :thumbup:

Just received U. of Minnesota via the U.S. Postal Service!

:clap: :clap: :clap: ok heres my list: I just got Palmetto via snail mail :)

RWJ-Camden
UNC - N. Carolina
Jefferson - Philly
Institute for Living - Hartford
Palmetto - Columbia, SC

adding to the list:

U of F
U of Miami :)

keep posting people!

Is anyone applying to Univ of Rochester, NY? I have heard some good things about this program.

Anyone here hear anything negative? I've heard Rochester a very nice city, especially for children and families.

Received UPENN :) by e-mail plus U. of minnesota by snail mail.

Loma Linda by snail mail yesterday.

UCSF by phone, UNC by e-mail.

adding MCG - personalized email! :p (all other emails were like group emails)

how is everyone booking there flights without paying a fortune? I'm getting quotes of 1000.00+ for some flights! :wow:

Oh, for U of F and U of Miami - those were phone invites :D

Poety said:
adding MCG - personalized email! :p (all other emails were like group emails)

how is everyone booking there flights without paying a fortune? I'm getting quotes of 1000.00+ for some flights! :wow:

Oh, for U of F and U of Miami - those were phone invites :D
try Southwest. if you plan it right, you could potentially string up a series of interviews without doing multiple roundtrips. Of course, it could get tiring, which might backfire on you...

-AT.

atsai3 said:
try Southwest. if you plan it right, you could potentially string up a series of interviews without doing multiple roundtrips. Of course, it could get tiring, which might backfire on you...

-AT.

Thanks for that advice AT - unfortunately, because of family obligations I HAVE to do the turnaround the next day :scared:

GOOD LUCK ON INTERVIEWS EVERYONE!

Rochester, NY
Buffalo, NY
Camden, NJ
and now Case Western Reserve University (MetroHealth), OH

Come on other people post where you have received interviews or have heard from. It's like only 4 people are posting where they've been invited.

PCOM_Rocks said:
Come on other people post where you have received interviews or have heard from. It's like only 4 people are posting where they've been invited.

Just submitted yesterday. I'll post when I get any interviews. Hopefully it won't be too late!

PCOM_Rocks said:

Stop being inflammatory and post some of YOUR interviews.

osiris3 said:
all invites:

SLU
Florida
UNC
Emory
UTMB-Galveston

Adding:
Vanderbilt
Medical College of Georgia
Louisville
UT-Memphis
Baylor

osiris3 said:
Adding:
Vanderbilt
Louisville
UT-Memphis
Baylor

DUDE!!!!!!! What are your stats, I don't have that many interviews! And Congratulations btw GOOD LUCK!

Got some more. So my complete list thus far is

UNC
Emory
MUSC
UT Southwestern
Vanderbilt
UW
Wash U
Cincinnati

Hurricane said:
Got some more. So my complete list thus far is

UNC
Emory
MUSC
UT Southwestern
Vanderbilt
UW
Wash U
Cincinnati

hmmm, i guess musc doesn't want me, how long before you got vandy after you submitted? im waiting for them and wait a minute

WHY DO I CARE? IVE GOT MY TOP CHOICES FOR INTERVIEW - someone please stop this insanity in me!

Poety said:
hmmm, i guess musc doesn't want me, how long before you got vandy after you submitted? im waiting for them and wait a minute

WHY DO I CARE? IVE GOT MY TOP CHOICES FOR INTERVIEW - someone please stop this insanity in me!

You care because: you're a good person and people like you! :thumbup:

osiris3 said:
Adding:
Vanderbilt
Louisville
UT-Memphis
Baylor

So far, Osiris3 is setting the bar! May we all bask in your glory great pharoah!
Uh, ur I mean Pharoah!

congrats to everyone for racking up the interviews. it seems random when the programs respond after the apps are submitted.
my list:
hopkins
emory
sheppard pratt
vanderbilt
denver
baylor
southwestern
UNC
MUSC
UVA
waiting on duke and seattle. has anyone heard what the denver program is like? for Solideliquid, i went to undergrad at U of Rochester and it's a good city for families. the hospital's nice too. don't know much about the residency program. orbitz.com seems to have good airfares.

3 more months and then howard stern is on satellite radio.

Duke by e-mail!

new to forums.. thanks for the good info so far :) couples matching with sig other who wants to do a competitive residency so applyed to a ton of programs (57)... here is my list so far

jacksonville,fl
northwestern
maricopa program in mesa arizona
galveston
unc
ut san antonio
gainesville, fl program
jefferson-philly
tampa florida program
vanderbilt
uab
emory
hartford livingston in connecticut
arizona: banner samiritan program
east virginia medical school
tex a&m/scott & white
uconn
uva

sad cuz only have overlap in interview cities at two places with sig other but hoping more will come in.
Question: those getting invites via snail mail, did u get any email at all from that program. I'm on an away rotation and need to come up with a better way to make sure my snail mail is getting checked regularly.
Thanks for all the info u guys have been giving so far

sorry, i think confused.. i meant to say
UM-Jackson Memorial instead of jacksonville, fl..
starfish25 said:
new to forums.. thanks for the good info so far :) couples matching with sig other who wants to do a competitive residency so applyed to a ton of programs (57)... here is my list so far

jacksonville,fl
northwestern
maricopa program in mesa arizona
galveston
unc
ut san antonio
gainesville, fl program
jefferson-philly
tampa florida program
vanderbilt
uab
emory
hartford livingston in connecticut
arizona: banner samiritan program
east virginia medical school
tex a&m/scott & white
uconn
uva

sad cuz only have overlap in interview cities at two places with sig other but hoping more will come in.
Question: those getting invites via snail mail, did u get any email at all from that program. I'm on an away rotation and need to come up with a better way to make sure my snail mail is getting checked regularly.
Thanks for all the info u guys have been giving so far

Hey Starfish,

Good luck with the whole "couples match" thing--I will definately implore the powers that be to give you good karma/luck!

As for the snail-mail, I have received only one invite via snail-mail, and they did not send an e-mail. After I spoke to them on the phone, they sent me two more packages/letters via the USPS. If you think that there could potentially be an issue, you might call the programs and ask them how they handle invites. Since you are on an away rotation, I would hope that they would understand your concern--after all, they too have students who do away rotations.

Good luck to you and your SO,
mosche

my list so far:

unc
emory
duke
university of texas
university of maryland-sheppard pratt
northwestern

plus a nice little note from MUSC saying they like me, but they are waiting for my school to get their sh&& together and send all my stuff! that was very sweet, actually, because i was wondering about them...

I am very happy. This is really fun. I feel so lucky to be almost there! Isnt it funny how some schools send boring old email notifications, and others send these very happy zippy notes full of exclamation points (!!! DUKE!!!!!). It totally is already affecting my perspective on the school! I had heard some negative things about Duke but now I have a renewed perspective because of their happy chipper little email!

Cheers,
felicity