LECOM Bradenton Chances of Admission?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starrdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there everyone, this is my first post on SDN! Pretty exciting, alright I will stop with the dramatics :laugh: . Anyways I interviewed at LECOM for the Bradenton campus on May 28th, the last possible interview date; very fitting for myself by the way. I was a little upset to read the postings after I got back to hear that all the spots were filled, or so people were saying. On a brighter note, the admissions office there emphasized that there are some spots left, very limited at that. I have not heard back from them as of now, and I called the other day and they mentioned that they were yet to make a decision. I was hoping for some honest opinions of my chances of getting in there, from all LECOM acceptees, waitlisted, or anyone who has some good advice or intuition. Also if anyone interviewed around that time if you could let me know if you have heard anything it would be greatly appreciated. But for now I am just going to keep the faith that has brought me this far. :)

-Jason

Members don't see this ad.

Jason,

Well, from what I have heard, you are correct in the fact that a majority of the seats at LECOMB are taken but, there might be a couple open?!? I would suggest giving a pm out to nicedreams, he has the latest information concerning LECOMB. Also, I am in the dark as much as you are in regards to the waitlist. Definitely give nicedreams a pm....

Ya, the classes are filled or nearly so, but some may drop out. However, I talked to the office and they told me that they are toying with the idea of increasing the class size, to say, 160. Something to do with getting the PBL classes come out with 8 each. Now this is not a done deal, but they are only thinking about it.

Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewd on the 24th and I have not heard anything yet either, but they did say it would be at least 3 weeks before we would hear anything. Good luck to you and hopefully I will see you in Florida in Sept.

i too have heard that they might increase the class size... for both the florida and erie campuses...

I highly doubt they will increase the class size for Erie...Our class was 227 and we JUST fit into the lecture hall and OMM labs...

I hear you, people. I had an interview on May,17. They told us that we will hear back from them in from one week to three weeks. I called the other day - was told that the letter is supposed to go out today. So, I guess for people who were interviewed later - add up one or two weeks appropriately. Also, at interview day they mentioned that the admissions committee meet every Wednesday to consider applicants. God luck to everybody! (I hope I will be able to sleep next couple of days before the letter arrives) :D

Just recieved my acceptance letter!!!! I'm in!!!! YEYEYEY!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I also interviewed on the 17th and i am still waiting for my decision letter! :scared: Where are you from? I am curious to know if i can recall who you are! thanks

Congratulations Lynx, that's awesome you got in! I'm sure you are really looking foward to the new program they are starting in Bradenton. I'm still yet to receive word, but hopefully soon enough. :)

That's awesome Lynx, welcome!!! Check out the websites in my signature and join the fam! ;)

Good luck Antulio and Jason, hopefully you're next!! :) :luck:

CONGRATULATIONS LYNX!!!! :D :D

and good luck to the rest of you keep us posted! Hope you don't have to wait too much longer!

congrats lynx, now you can sleep pleasantly! you are officially part of the LECOMB crew :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in!!! I just received my acceptance letter :D ! I also interviewed on the 17th. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. Thanks noah for all your input and sarcasm! LOL :laugh:

I will email you all my info for the class website! Goodluck everyone!

Thanks everybody!!!! :D I'll add my info soon on Noah's webpage.
Now, I'm a bit nervous about it because I've never been in Florida...How is it there? Is the heat bearable? What are good places to live and which neighborhoods to avoid? I've checked out rent.com and it seems that every apartment building comes with the pool :) Is it true? I'm thinking of going down there sometime soon...Any advice and info would be greatly appreciated...PM me or post it here. THANKS again everybody! I'm getting excited more and more about it. :D

Hey lynx, have you checked out the forum I made for the class in my signature? You'll find a lot of info there, and you should post any questions you have there too - you will have over 30 future classmates to help you out. If you start a thread there with your questions you'll get many answers. :)

lynx,

An apartment complex WITHOUT a pool here in Florida is about as successful as an apartment complex in Buffalo, New York without heat :laugh:

Congrats to all of our new LECOM-Bradenton peers!!!!

gr8n
LECOM-Bradenton
c/o 2008
"You can't spell Doctor without the DO!"

Congrats to all of the new FLECOM students we got this past week! Get going in the forum Noah started and you'll find out everything you need to know.

Radak

Congrats lynx and Medquest! :thumbup: :thumbup: Welcome to the LECOMB fam!! Definielty check out Noah's website-great info about the school and pretty much anything else about LECOMB. Once again congrats and welcome!!!

What are the average stats foe LECOM Bradenton, and do they give preference to Florida Residence since its a Florida school???? Thanks :D :)

doc3341 said:
What are the average stats foe LECOM Bradenton, and do they give preference to Florida Residence since its a Florida school???? Thanks :D :)

No stats available, this will be the first year. No official preference for Fla residents.

doc3341 said:

There are no average stats yet. This is the first year of existance and they just started interviewing for it halfway through this application cycle. I don't believe they give Florida residence cause it is still affiliated with LECOM and it is also a private school with no funds from the Florida government.

I'm curious about the accreditation issues. It seems that some people seem afraid of the new schools given that they aren't "officially accredited" and then others seem completely un-bothered. Has a school ever -not- been accredited? Also, it seems like new schools probably aren't too likely to have money around to hand out in the form of scholarships or incentives to come. However, I want to go to med-school bad enough that loans really aren't going to be an issue for me. I'm sure they are for some people, though.

The same fear was around when FSU began their medical program. A large amount of students in the state were very worried about it not being accredited. There was nothing to worry about. The accredidation came through along with their first graduating class. Besides... LECOM is probably aware that they have to make sure this first class rocks the boards--so I'm positive that the gears are running to make sure that we have a VERY successful class.

Don't worry, we'll all shine!

As for the scholarship situation... I am under the impression that LECOM RARELY offers scholarships anyways (I think one full-scholarship for the fourth-year student who wins it). I could be wrong, but if I am, please fill me in :oops:
The Lord knows that I could use as many as I can get ;)
"You can't spell Doctor without the DO!"

I received my alternate status letter in the mail today. Not the news I was hoping for :( ....there's always next year.

I received alternate status as well today. :( I am hoping to be pulled off the list but I am not counting on it.

Well you never know guys. Many of the people that have been accepted the past month or so may decide not to attend!