Mailing Secondary Apps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sketchball

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but..... In regards to mailing secondary apps, should we be worried what size envelope we are mailing it in. I'm using one of those standard fold a paper into thirds type of envelope, but should we be using those big envelopes so that you dont have to fold it?

Members don't see this ad.

hehe, it isn't dumb, i was wondering the same thing myself earlier this week. after a lot of thought, i finally just said screw it and folded everything into thirds and sent it in a standard envelope. i wouldn't imagine it would matter (unless you tried to squeeze it into one of those *really* tiny envelopes...or forgot to send the school their check ;))

tufts specify which size u should use....read their secondary instructions.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the ones that were only one or two sheets, I put them in a standard #10 envelope. More than a couple pages, I folded the pages ONCE and put them in a yellow envelope (probably 6"x9"). Some schools last year requested that I also print out my AMCAS and mail that to them, and for those, I used 9"x11" envelopes.

But I probably put more stamps than I needed to on all the envelopes! :laugh:

You should always read instructions very carefully. I almost made the mistake of sending one application in folded in a regular letter envelope, but then I went back and re-read the instructions only to find that it specifically required a 9 X 12 one.

Good luck ;)