Mount Sinai Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ButImLETired

Prodigal member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
No one started this yet so I figured I would!! Congrats to all the accepted students who are considering being a part of the Sinai class of 2013!!! Wooooot

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, whats up! finally some one else posts. I'm Eric, i'm from michigan. where are you from. set on sinai?

I'm from New York. At this point in time I am really confused. I fell in love with Sinai, the location, and its people, but I think I am going to have to wait until I see my fin aid.

:oops: I still am in shock. I didn't feel like I blew the interview away and left there a bit :scared: and sick to the stomach.

No one started this yet so I figured I would!! Congrats to all the accepted students who are considering being a part of the Sinai class of 2013!!! Wooooot
:hello:
hey, whats up! finally some one else posts. I'm Eric, i'm from michigan. where are you from. set on sinai?
Are you both set on Sinai?

yea. I like the area a lot, its really chill, and I like that the school is relaxed for a med school. I've gone back to visit a couple times since getting accepted in November, everyone I've met there is really nice and laid back and is really happy. I cant wait to move in August, not much is going on in Michigan, plus it snows a ton. I think I'm moving pretty soon there, before april, to start my research rotation.

Last edited:
yea. I like the area a lot, its really chill, and I like that the school is relaxed for a med school. I've gone back to visit a couple times since getting accepted in November, everyone I've met there is really nice and laid back and is really happy. I cant wait to move in August, not much is going on in Michigan, plus it snows a ton. I think I'm moving pretty soon there, before april, to start my research rotation.
That sounds awesome. I guess I will meet you on revisit weekend since you will already be living in NYC by then.

I'm not in yet (waitlist) but this is my top choice. Congrats to you guys and hope to see you there next year!

I'm not in yet (waitlist) but this is my top choice. Congrats to you guys and hope to see you there next year!
Do they tell you where on the list you are before May? I hope you hear from Mount Sinai soon:luck:.

No unfortunately they withhold the waitlist information. So I have no idea where I stand but I've sent them several letters expressing intent and I stopped by when I was in town. Wish me luck!

For all of those who were accepted earlier.

i am set on going!

Members don't see this ad :)
yea, I cant wait. also I'm moving into aron hall next sunday to start research and I'm counting the minutes!

yea, I cant wait. also I'm moving into aron hall next sunday to start research and I'm counting the minutes!
That sounds really cool. I didn't know you could do research before first year.

For all of those who were accepted earlier.

Hey guys! Thought I'd stop by and say hi, I was accepted along with Anotherface in this past round. :p I was interviewing with some real superstars (you know, the "I have Hopkins and UCLA and Penn interviews next week, what about you?" :eek:) and Sinai was at the top of my list, so I was super surprised and honored to be accepted!

I am still waiting for the paperwork on my end to come through--did all of you accept by email first? Also, I'm definitely planning on coming to second look, did Jessica send that information out already? Thanks!!!!!!:love::love::love:

Hey guys! Thought I'd stop by and say hi, I was accepted along with Anotherface in this past round. :p I was interviewing with some real superstars (you know, the "I have Hopkins and UCLA and Penn interviews next week, what about you?" :eek:) and Sinai was at the top of my list, so I was super surprised and honored to be accepted!

I am still waiting for the paperwork on my end to come through--did all of you accept by email first? Also, I'm definitely planning on coming to second look, did Jessica send that information out already? Thanks!!!!!!:love::love::love:
Welcome

I have received neither the snail mail acceptance package nor the second email. As for the people I interview with, I did not ask them about their cycles, but I do remember someone mentioning they had been to UCLA the week before Christmas. I myself did not apply to either of those schools, but did interview at Columbia and Yale.

This place is making me sad; its way too quite in here.

anyone know any good bars near sinai?
i think there should be a second look bar crawl planned to meet everyone!

anyone know any good bars near sinai?
i think there should be a second look bar crawl planned to meet everyone!
I am sure that they the students and faculty are one step ahead of you. They will surely plan some sort of soiree during 2nd look. As for bars in the area, I was told by my tour guide that they went downtown bars often and went to local restaurants/lounges.

Hey guys,

i am still waiting to hear from a few more schools, but I was accepted at Sinai in November and love it there. I will definitely be going to second look weekend and I am more than excited to meet all of you.

Rebecca

can't wait to meet you guys!

Hey guys,

i am still waiting to hear from a few more schools, but I was accepted at Sinai in November and love it there. I will definitely be going to second look weekend and I am more than excited to meet all of you.

Rebecca

Hey Rebecca, was second look weekend stuff sent out yet? I haven't heard anything since getting the acceptance email and I'm really hoping it's not a mistake! :p

all i got was an email from Jessica last week saying to "save the date" for april 24-25 and that more information would be on its way "soon". haha sorry that wasn't much help.

all i got was an email from Jessica last week saying to "save the date" for april 24-25 and that more information would be on its way "soon". haha sorry that wasn't much help.
I didn't get that email. May be because I haven't received the package and payed a deposit.

there isint a deposit on your spot, its FREE!!!

finished my first week of living in Aron Hall, its really cool here, all of the med students are really laid back, and all tests are P/F-online, and are given on the weekends. Its a really happy place here.

Cant wait to meet you all! party time in april!

Hi guys,
Interviewed at Sinai a few weeks ago, and had a few questions:
Does your acceptance letter come with instructions to get drug tested somewhere? What's the time frame?

there is no time frame :), i already had to deal with that one. they dont care when you turn it in

Can you go into more detail? Is it such that if you get accepted, you can wait until August to do it?

Did anyone who was accepted on 2/12 not get the hard copy letter yet?

In case you are wondering why this thread is so quiet, it is actually hard to find. I found it via a google search, but otherwise wouldn't have known it existed.

Did anyone who was accepted on 2/12 not get the hard copy letter yet?

In case you are wondering why this thread is so quiet, it is actually hard to find. I found it via a google search, but otherwise wouldn't have known it existed.
I and LET both posted a link to this thread within the Mount Sinai secondary app thread. I actually posted the link after I was accepted on 2/12. As for your question, no I have not gotten a hard copy. I called them on Monday and was told that they were getting mailed out that day.

hey, hows it going.

I was talking to someone whos also starting in august about making a get together in NYC before second look. Anyone want to hang out next weekend (3/21), grab some drinks?

give me a call, my cell is 2489334406, I'm eric

Hey guys,

Revisit is April 24-25, and we're planning it right now. Don't be alarmed by not hearing from the office for a while, they've been crazy busy with match day.

Congrats on getting in!

- a member of MSSM 2012

hey all, on the waitlist but was just wondering, when do classes start at mssm?

Has anyone received their financial aid package yet?

Hey...anyone know what's going on with financial aid packages?!
I had the same question. During the interview I was told that they got those out pretty fast provided that you submitted all the required info. I'm expecting a package within a week.

I'm on the waitlist and am making summer plans-- when is orientation (When do we have to move over there?)

nvm

Last edited:
Hey there guys... I m not a Mt. Sinai student. Actually I m a SGU student; but I ll be rotating at Jersey City Medical Center which is a listed as a Mt. Sinai and NYCOM as well as SGU site.

Not too many people at my school know much about Jersey City Medical Center..

Anyone know much about this hospital? Rotate there? Work there? What is the consensus among Medical Students at Mt. Sinai about this hospital?