Msar

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ubu

Always hungry...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there another place to get the MSAR besides from aamc.org? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Check the bookstore at your undergrad institution-that's where I found mine.

you dont really need to buy MSAR. Most schools have it in the library.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by md_student10021
you dont really need to buy MSAR. Most schools have it in the library.

check out your local public library too!

If anyone wants a copy of Princeton Review 2001 or MSAR 2002-03 or 03-04,
send me an e-mail. If you can cover shipping, that's cool. If not, just let me know.

Honestly, I didn't find MSAR incredibly useful; the schools' websites have as much or more information usually. :cool:

I can tell you where to get MRSA, LOL!

Originally posted by chameleonknight
Honestly, I didn't find MSAR incredibly useful; the schools' websites have as much or more information usually. :cool:

I think the MSAR is quite useful when determining where you want to apply to. A problem I had was that I had a very small idea of which med schools were out there. Sure I knew about all about Duke and Harvard and Hopkins and all the other top name schools, and I knew about my state schools, but I only had a small idea of what other schools existed outside of that. The MSAR doesn't give you the whole picture, but it allowed my to reduce the number of schools I would investigate to about 35, to which I applied to 20. It will tell you right off which schools don't accept out of state students, something which you could miss on a website if you don't specifically look for it. The average matriculating stats also helped, as I never realized how high Washington U average MCAT's were (even compared to other top schools), so I saved time by not spending much time investigating that school.

Originally posted by AverageMan
I think the MSAR is quite useful when determining where you want to apply to. A problem I had was that I had a very small idea of which med schools were out there. Sure I knew about all about Duke and Harvard and Hopkins and all the other top name schools, and I knew about my state schools, but I only had a small idea of what other schools existed outside of that. The MSAR doesn't give you the whole picture, but it allowed my to reduce the number of schools I would investigate to about 35, to which I applied to 20. It will tell you right off which schools don't accept out of state students, something which you could miss on a website if you don't specifically look for it. The average matriculating stats also helped, as I never realized how high Washington U average MCAT's were (even compared to other top schools), so I saved time by not spending much time investigating that school.

here here. i used mostly the little box on the side to figure out who like out-of-staters and who didn't so much. 'tis also a quick read before interviews and such. and, the math nerd that i am, i loved all the graphs and charts in the beginning of accepted applicants profiles.

note: i've got the princeton '01 and the msar 02-03 left.