my COMLEX III scores are in from 10/19!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applicant2002

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
took it on Oct 19th and results are online on nbome.

Members don't see this ad.

wow, that's some decent turnaround time for the NBOME.

Any studying suggestions now that you have a score back? I'm taking it at the end of the month.

I did usmle Q bank (a lot of my friends did USMLE world and I don't know which is better). i also did all the blueprint's q and a books for step 3: psychiatry, internal medicine, pediatrics, obgyn.

then i read boards and wards (but didn't get through all of it) and spent an afternoon reading the simmons book for omm (I skimmed most of it, except the autonomic and cranial chapters which i read thoroughly and then did the questions at the back)

I think the questions were the most helpful. I did them during my pedi ER shifts in the lulls between seeing patients. (the month before i took the boards, I did pedi er) I didn't have as much time as I would have liked because I didn't want to take time off studying because that would eat into my vacation.

i hope this is helpful. Good luck!:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
wow, that's some decent turnaround time for the NBOME.

Any studying suggestions now that you have a score back? I'm taking it at the end of the month.

Sorry DrMom about the slow response, I am post call and a little slow in general right now.

Anywhoooooooo, similar to applicant2002 I read through Boards and Wards once. And then did all the USMLEWorld questions. That's all I had time for. When I did the USMLEWorld questions, I did so in tutor mode and spent time understanding each answer which I found very helpful. The format of the practice questions helped prepare for the exam, I actually found the actual exam stems easier to wade through then USMLEWorld.

I spent approximately 30 minutes reviewing OMM in Saverese while waiting for the testing center to open.

This method worked pretty well.

I found the test fairly straight forward (for COMLEX) with the usual what h&ll are they asking here or who the heck knows questions. The exam is very much like COMLEX2 in format and content (with more questions about treatment).

I'm glad that I'm done with all the licensing exams. Yeesh.

Please let me know if you have anymore questions and good luck with the exam!

Wook

Appreciate the input, wook! :)

I've glanced through boards and wards & also have first aid. I used the NMS question book for step 2 & liked it so I got the step 3 version. I'm hoping that those + Savarese will set me up decently without any significant time outlay.

I PASSED! I PASSED! No more OMT forever! No more Chapman's points or stupid questions implying OMT can heal everything! I feel relieved. I want to burn my Savarese in memorial.
Anyways, I am not as disturbed as my post sounds I just get sick of the COMLEX and the AOA requirements. Now, I just have to get my intership approved and I am home free. That will probably be the biggest test of them all.

Dr. Mom, we went to the same med school. You will do fine. I studied old Savarese, Crush, and a used Kaplan Q bank I bought on Amazon for $9.