no sign of VR improvement in sight :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kzhan11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I've tried a couple of different strategies now and I've taken a bunch of verbal tests already and things don't seem to be improving... at all for some reason.

I try to focus on author's main point every time of course. I'm usually okay on time and I look back into the passage when i need to for reference. I'm kinda stuck in the 10-11 range with the occasional 12.

I've taken AAMC 3CBT,4R,5R,6R, and 8CBT and I've done 9 practice tests in VR101. I've also done Kaplan FL2. yea... I have my MCAT 4/18.

Anyone else experience something like this and actually started improving at some point? What did you do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Look over your old VR tests and understand why you missed them, and read for the main idea and for the author's tone. If you get in this habit, it's a habit that only takes 14 days to develop, and good luck on your MCAT. You have chosen a good site for mcat-advice.

i don't know why you are complaining over 10-12, they are superb,,
i have the real problem, i am doing fine on ek 101, but i am doing horribly on fl.
6-7 all the way, i thought it was because of the timing, but on the last test it wasn't even that
i don't know what to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't know why you are complaining over 10-12, they are superb,,
i have the real problem, i am doing fine on ek 101, but i am doing horribly on fl.
6-7 all the way, i thought it was because of the timing, but on the last test it wasn't even that
i don't know what to do.

What do you think you're doing differently on the Ek101 and on your FL's?

I know sometimes the 101 are more entertaining to read, so is it your concentration?

Also, it seems like the 101 goes out on a limb on some questions are you applying this same method to the FL's?

Oh and what FL's? Are they AAMC's?

im in the same boat getting 8-9s. I was getting all 8s. Everybody advised me against reading the questions ahead of time. But, I gave it a try. And, thats when I started getting nines, and finishing without having to rush th elast passage. It actually saved me time by spending the extra time to read the questions ahead of time. Only thing is, i havent consistently maintained that 9. Now, my score is back to 7-9. Before it was exactly 8, all the time.

A few reliable sources have told me to review my mistakes. Now, ive set up a systematic system for reviewing them - each question what type of question (detail, main idea, etc), and why i got it wrong. I dont know if it'll help, but thats what im trying. I got one month... 5/2 is the day.