Null

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a big post about Northwestern on Reddit you should check out if you haven't seen it. You'll be OK if that's where you go, lots of med students deal with mean administrators.

You seem to be generally afraid of the South lol- I can't speak for Baylor, but I can tell you that Vanderbilt is not a bad place culturally at all. You'll fit right in there. The students there are SUPER happy.

Now yeah the patients might be a bit vaccine-hesitant and whatnot but that's just America honestly

There was a big post about Northwestern on Reddit you should check out if you haven't seen it. You'll be OK if that's where you go, lots of med students deal with mean administrators.
Yea the reddit post seemed pretty mild/standard med school stuff. Not saying they're not issues, but maybe not enough to consider turning down an otherwise good offer. Most schools have students that are upset with their admin for one reason or another. I also saw a few comments from other students saying that their experiences have been positive at Northwestern, so take that as you will. Also, Chicago is awesome.

Here's the original reddit post if people want to read for themselves:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yea the reddit post seemed pretty mild/standard med school stuff. Not saying they're not issues, but maybe not enough to consider turning down an otherwise good offer. Most schools have students that are upset with their admin for one reason or another. I also saw a few comments from other students saying that their experiences have been positive at Northwestern, so take that as you will. Also, Chicago is awesome.

I would agree, Feinberg is going to be hard to turn down due to a few concerns. Generally I think you will have a good time, and it's Chicago! Research fit is important too so Feinberg seems to be the best of both worlds for your happiness and research fit.

Reactions: 1 user

thanks for sharing the post, I did see this and at first was concerned. That said I agree that overall these don’t sound like dealbreakers or major red flags to me, especially considering that other students have expressed how supported they feel

Hey! Don’t have much to add but wondering how you know where you are on Baylor’s WL?

Status
Not open for further replies.