*Official* "IM Interviews Offered" Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Temple
Jefferson
Mt Sinai
Albert Einstein-Montefiore
University of Chicago
University of Colorado
University of Southern California
UC-Irvine
Tufts-NEMC
University of Arizona
University of Hawaii
Yale University categorical

Members don't see this ad.

I guess I'll finally start posting. UW just offered (I'm not a visiting student).

So far:
Michigan
UCSF
UW

question for tuffgong...how much lag time did you have between submitting your app to UCSF and UW and recieving an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
i guess ive resisted for long enough...

UIC
Wake Forest
Jefferson
UVa
CCF
UTSW
Baylor (Houston)
UAB
Georgetown
Rush
Loyola
UF

BigBadBix said:
I think this definitely does happen. However, in this case I think a better explanation is that PickyBicky is a troll and likes to freak people out.

...and no, I'm not from Hopkins, nor a Boston program, nor UCSF, nor any of the top 10 schools. "Significant research experience....no publications," you're the troll my friend.

Dear Hopkins Applicant,

After a preliminary screening of applications, we are happy to invite you to
Johns Hopkins for an interiew. Listed below are our interview dates. Please
email me your choice date and I will confirm by return email. The interview
day starts at 7:40am and will end around 3:30pm. You'll recieve a hard copy of the invitation in early November.

We would like to invite you to attend a dinner with our housestaff the night
before your interview. I will send you more information regarding the dinner
at a later date.

Please note that you will receive this invitation again when we send out our
mass invite email invitation in early November. You need not respond again.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Scott Walker
Program Administrator
Department of Medicine
Johns Hopkins Hospital

I submitted 10/7, got UCSF 10/11, got UW today.

Adding OHSU...

Updated list:

UTSW (9/26)
Colorado (9/30)
Baylor College of Medicine (10/6)
Providence St. Vincent, OR (10/7)
Duke (10/10)
University of Washington (10/13, sort of)
Providence Portland, OR (10/18)
Mt. Sinai (10/19)
Oregon Health Sciences Univ (10/21)

I must assure everyone that PickyBicky is not a troll, and definitely has an invite that many of us do not have. However, to be fair, I would also assure all of you nervous posters that PickyBicky has research experience (NIH) and connections at the JHU that virtually no one else could have. So don't worry so much. The rest of us will have to wait until November, and that is OK. Picky, let me know about UW...did you apply?

Medical College of Georgia (9/15)
Wake Forest (9/15)
Emory (9/15)
GWU (9/28)
Washington University (10/3)
Georgetown (10/7)
Vanderbilt (10/10)
Thomas Jefferson (10/10)
UVA (10/13)
UAB (10/17)
University of Chicago (10/17)
Duke (10/20)
Northwestern (10/21)
Yale (10/21)

Anybody hear from UNC or UPenn yet?

dukeblue01 said:
I must assure everyone that PickyBicky is not a troll, and definitely has an invite that many of us do not have. However, to be fair, I would also assure all of you nervous posters that PickyBicky has research experience (NIH) and connections at the JHU that virtually no one else could have. So don't worry so much. The rest of us will have to wait until November, and that is OK. Picky, let me know about UW...did you apply?

No, I didn't. I'm going to try to stay in the mid-Atlantic-->Northeast.

-PB

Michigan
Case Western
Cleveland Clinic
Colorado
Arizona
UAB
UC-Irvine
USC
Kaiser Oakland, SF, Santa Clara
Alameda County
Georgetown
George Washington
Maryland-added today
Baylor

I won't be interviewing at all of them. I've scheduled nine so far. Still waiting to hear from UW, UCSF, Stanford, UCLA, OHSU

To add my two cents: Temple (my school), Georgetown (did a visiting rotation there), and Washington Hospital Center. Still waiting to hear from Emory, GW, Johns Hopkins Bayview (guess like everyone else, I'll find out after Nov. 4th), UPENN, and U. of MD. All categorical positions. My ERAS is complete except for Chair Letter. My Dean's letter was just uploaded yesterday and none of the programs have downloaded it yet. Well, I haven't received any rejections yet. Emory emailed me last month to say they'd consider my application for an interview once my appliation is complete. Maybe that's also why I haven't heard from GW? I even got a letter from the head of the GI department at GW. Also, looks like no one's heard from UPENN yet so I guess we're all in the same boat there. And it's still early. So I'll continue to watch and wait. Good luck guys!

Step 1: 221
Step 2CK: 227
Step 2CS: took on 10/12, still awaiting scores

AugIM said:
Medical College of Georgia (9/15)
Wake Forest (9/15)
Emory (9/15)
GWU (9/28)
Washington University (10/3)
Georgetown (10/7)
Vanderbilt (10/10)
Thomas Jefferson (10/10)
UVA (10/13)
UAB (10/17)
University of Chicago (10/17)
Duke (10/20)
Northwestern (10/21)
Yale (10/21)

Anybody hear from UNC or UPenn yet?

Has anyone else heard from University of Chicago yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Top nothing medical school.
Step 1: 250
Step 2CS: pass
AOA
Year 3+4: honored everything except OB/gyn (HP)
Submitted to eras arond 9/7ish
Application complete by 10/14 (except deans letter)

Interviews at (in order received):
UC Irvine
Scripps Green
USC

Waiting to hear from:
UCLA, Harbor UCLA, UCSF, Stanford, UCSD, Cedars Sinai, UC Davis, Loma Linda, Olive View, California Pacific

Well, I can add U of MD to my list :) . Just got an email invite last night. So that brings my total to four: Temple, Georgetown, Washington Hospital Center, and U of MD. Still waiting to hear from Johns Hopkins Bayview, Emory, UPENN, and GW

UTSW 9/8
UFL 09/4
UTMB 9/12
Wake Forest 9/19
U of Iowa 10/13
Rush 10/14
UAB 10/16

Still waiting on 7 others. My app was complete except the Chairmen's letter which was sent out of Friday. Incidentally, I received a rejection from Vandy this AM. It was followed this evening by 2 emails from the Program direction stating that the rejection was sent in error and my app is still under review.

its me again. To refresh people's minds. Here are my stats:
AOA at top nothing med school
Step 2: coming up soon
2 pubs..a few others in the works

Interviews thus far:
USF-Tampa
Vanderbilt
Northwestern (just got today)

still waiting on 18 others...majority of whom probably won't send out interviews till after Nov 1st

updating ....

GW
UIC
penn state (but then I go there :) )
UCI
UCSF/Fresno
Univ of Arizona
Temple
Univ of Wisconsin
Loyola
Rochester

sz said:
updating ....

GW
UIC
UCI
UCSF/Fresno
Univ of Arizona
Temple
Univ of Wisconsin
Loyola
Rochester

how come, some of you have applied all over the placE? I mean you have a little bit of California? little bit of midwest? a little bit of rochester in the cold, a little bit of arizona in the sun? a little bit of sandra in the sun...a little bit of monica down there havin fun...

ooops...wrong tangent...

Adding University of Maryland over the weekend

InternalWhizzzz said:
how come, some of you have applied all over the placE? I mean you have a little bit of California? little bit of midwest? a little bit of rochester in the cold, a little bit of arizona in the sun? a little bit of sandra in the sun...a little bit of monica down there havin fun...

ooops...wrong tangent...

for two reasons basically--

1) i'm not really geographically tied down anywhere (ie: significant other, etc), so i had no particular reason to apply to only one region

2) i have no clue what the hell i am doing.....

:laugh:
Zolpidem25 said:

1) i'm not really geographically tied down anywhere (ie: significant other, etc), so i had no particular reason to apply to only one region

so you have two aliases? ;) sz and Zolpidam...cuz I addressed it to it and u responded :laugh:

just updating my list:

Drexel, UMDNJ, St. Peter's, Morristown Memorial, Robert Wood, SUNY-Downstate, Temple, St. Vincent's (nyc), Jefferson, St. Luke's-Roosevelt, Beth Israel (nyc).

waiting for 12 more programs.....

Just got Columbia by email this afternoon.

So far:
Michigan
UCSF
UW
Columbia

Zolpidem25 said:

lol ... zolpidem you must be my twin cause I swear you took the words right outa my mouth. I too am geographically unrestricted and looking for that nebulous "something" in a program that will raise the "you fit here" flag for me.
lord! I hope it works or I'm gonna be so so screwed :smuggrin:

Interview invitations so far

Lutheran General, Chicago - 9/20
KUMC - 9/20
UIC - 9/20
Medical College of Georgia - 9/21
Bridgeport Hospital (Yale) - 9/22
Scott and White, TAMU - 9/23
SLU - 9/26
Cook County - 9/26
UTMB - 9/27
Evanston (NWU) - 10/3
Baylor, Dallas - 10/5
UMKC - 10/7
Des Peres, St. Louis (DO program) - 10/7
UTHSCSA - 10/10
Loyola - 10/11
Dallas Methodist - 10/12
Rush - 10/14
Dallas Presby - 10/18
Emory - 10/24

InternalWhizzzz said:
:laugh:

so you have two aliases? ;) sz and Zolpidam...cuz I addressed it to it and u responded :laugh:

oops! :oops: sorry, didn't realize you were addressing sz specifically! :)

sz's words really do put it best though... the "something" that i am looking for, is oh-so nebulous. and i'm expecting to have some sort of epiphany on the matter once i get on the interview trail. the problem is, an epiphany -- by definition -- is supposed to just happen. it is almost oxymoronic to say that one is 'expecting an epiphany'.

alas alack, i lack a lass.
:confused:

ok, i'm done now....

My final interview:

University of Rochester/Strong Memorial - today, via Email.

My final list:
University of Rochester
Lehigh Valley Hospital
Guthrie Clinic/Robert Packer Hospital
Dartmouth
University of Va
Virginia Commonwealth/MCV
Geisinger
Christiana Care
University of Pittsburgh

Good luck to everyone...

question for general IM...how long did it take you to recieve your interview from Pitt.

Just got Albert Einstien/Beth Israel Medical Center NY today. Thought it was Beth Isreal Deconess at first and got REALLY excited, alas not so lucky.

LIST

UCI
UCSF-fresno
CCF
CWRU
Yale-Bridgeport
CCF-florida
Beaumont
Michigan State
Beth Israel/NY

Zolpidem25 said:
oops! :oops: sorry, didn't realize you were addressing sz specifically! :)

sz's words really do put it best though... the "something" that i am looking for, is oh-so nebulous. and i'm expecting to have some sort of epiphany on the matter once i get on the interview trail. the problem is, an epiphany -- by definition -- is supposed to just happen. it is almost oxymoronic to say that one is 'expecting an epiphany'.

alas alack, i lack a lass.
:confused:

ok, i'm done now....

your funny :laugh:

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:
:luck: :luck:

metastatic dz said:
question for general IM...how long did it take you to recieve your interview from Pitt.

I got an email from them and ERAS message on 10/5, I had everything submitted to ERAS (except the MPSE) as of 9/20.

Have heard from:

Michigan
Washington U -- St. Louis
Vanderbilt
South Carolina
Mayo
Virginia
Pittsburgh
UT Southwestern
Washington - Seattle

Have not heard from:

Boston programs
California programs
Duke
North Carolina
Johns Hopkins

I noticed that a few people had Duke and Hopkins. What days are they interviewing (days of week, specific dates)? Please post becuase knowing these will help me with planning my interview schedule (unless of course they reject me....).

Here is my updated list:

Drexel
Temple
Medical University of South Carolina
University of California-Irvine
Baylor College of Medicine
Tulane
University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital

The last two interview offers actually came to me by snail mail.

Again, all the best to everyone as we approacth the Dean's Letter release.

And by the way, I must say I was a little disappointed that my last post (in which I referenced streaking through the quad and into the gymnasium in addition to bringing your green hat) generated no comment. Doesn't anyone know what I was getting at?

Michigan
IU

Both yesterday.

Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Earmuffs!

Got UMass today.

Waiting is really hard! And I applied to programs that don't say much until after November 1st (Boston, NY and California)!

the list so far...

WVU, Maimonides, UVA, U of AZ, SUNY-Downstate, CWRU (Metrohealth), Indiana U., UMDNJ-Newark, OUHSC, Creighton, CCF-FL

btw Im a USFMG with 233 step 1, 231 step 2ck, awaiting cs results

I just received an invite from JHU/sinai today. I was hoping someone might be able to help me sort out what the difference between all the JHU programs are. I see that there are 3 (sinai, bayview and the main program)... what is the difference between these programs?

The dates they gave me are:

INTERVIEW DATES 2006 - 2006
DAY DATE
Monday November 7, 2005
Monday December 5, 2005
Thursday December 15, 2005
Wednesday**December 21, 2005
Wednesday January 4, 2006
Tuesday January 10, 2006
Friday January 13, 2006
Friday January 20, 2006
Friday January 27, 2006
Friday February 3, 2006

In case anyone is interested my board scores are not particularly high at Step 1 227/92 and Step 2 CK 224/91, no publications and average performance in clerkship but good letters from people who know me fairly well and a strong personal statement (I think).

UCSF (few weeks ago)
U of Chicago (last week)
Columbia (yesterday)
USC (Oct 25)

haven't heard from: UCLA, UCSD, Harbor, Cedars, Stanford, UW, Cornell, UPenn, Duke, Hopkins, Harvard prgms. From what i know, UW, Cornell, and Duke have already sent out invites.

postme said:
I noticed that a few people had Duke and Hopkins. What days are they interviewing (days of week, specific dates)? Please post becuase knowing these will help me with planning my interview schedule (unless of course they reject me....).

Congrats on all those interviews. I am waiting for many of the same programs you are - Nov 1 cannot come soon enough!

Here are Duke's interview dates: 11/18, 11/21, 12/2, 12/5, 12/9, 12/12, 12/16, 12/19, 1/6, 1/9.

Updating:

Got Baystate/Tufts, Loma Linda, and UMass in the last few days... off of ERAS since our school got hit by the hurricane and is still closed until Monday at least.... never realized that I loved my email so much until it went down... :D

Adding ....

GW
UIC
UCI
UCSF/Fresno
Univ of Arizona
Temple
Univ of Wisconsin
Loyola
Rochester
Loma Linda
Brown
USC (personal email only, no ERAS notification)

The west coast is beginning to stir at last ....

hey all....FINALLY AFTER A 3 WEEK DROUGHT, I got 3 interviews in a 2 day span, all via ERAS. These are all categorical. So, here is the up-to-date list:

SUNY-Stony Brook
Nassau University Medical Center
New York Hospital-Queens/ Cornell
UMDNJ-Newark
Albert Einstein- Beth Israel
Albert Einstein- Jacobi
Columbia Presbyterian (ok...relax folks...did a sub-I there!!)

One rejection: New York Medical College- Westchester (Valhalla or whatever-- ask me if I care :laugh: :laugh: )

phllystyl said:

i COMPLETELY agree!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: Couldn't have said it better myself! :laugh: :laugh:

Updated list:

Michigan
Maryland
Northwestern
Temple
Tufts
UAB

Still waiting on a bunch more, including the NY programs. Haven't heard from any of those yet!

Just heard from UT-Houston today
Oddly enough, they don't have anymore January dates available

Heard from UCLA-Harbor and Scripps Mercy today.

So Far:

Carolinas Medical Center
Vanderbilt
MUSC
Duke
Emory
UVA
U of Arizona
Mayo Scottsdale
UAB
UCLA-Harbor
Scripps Mercy

Waiting on:

UNC
UCSD
UCLA
Cedars

a small update...

Step 2CS: pass
AOA
Year 3+4: honored everything except OB/gyn (HP)
Submitted to eras arond 9/7ish
Application complete by 10/14 (except deans letter)

Interviews at (in order received):
UC Irvine
Scripps Green
USC
Loma Linda
Harbor UCLA

Waiting to hear from:
UCLA, UCSF, Stanford, UCSD, Cedars Sinai, UC Davis, Olive View, California Pacific

Update:

Cleveland Clinic
Mayo-Rochester
Scripps-Green
Scripps-Mercy
St. Luke's Roosevelt in Manhattan
Harbor-UCLA