OFFICIAL TUFTS COUNTDOWN THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations to you, Johne!

Members don't see this ad.

congrats johne! hope to see you (and others on here who I'm sure will get in before the end of August) in the fall!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know about Tufts Early Decision Program? (Do they take many EDP students? Etc...) I'm on the waitlist, and am mulling over options for reapplication in case I don't get in this year. Tufts is my first choice.
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. :cool:

while Tufts does tend to attract wealthier students than some schools might, I have to say that the student body is quite diverse. Our class has people from almost every ethnic and racial group and nearly every state. We have a white guy who is fluent in Spanish and works as a mover on the weekends to pay his tuition and for his trips to Guatemala to work with a physician, a guy from Alaska who is 1/4 Mexican, people who speak Mandarin, Cantonese, and French, and people who grew up in Hong Kong, Lebanon, and Europe. I think our class is very diverse and is definitely NOT filled up with rich white men. The undergrad institutions most represented in our class were Tufts, UC Berkley, UCSD, Brandeis, and Michigan. The 3 best represented states (in order) were MA, CA, and NY, and NJ and CT are also well-represented. hope this helps!

Hi.. well, i would say that of the people I know who came off the waitlist, a little more than half of them got in in late May and the first 3 weeks of June, and the rest got in in July and August. There seemed to be a slowing of movement in late June and throughout the first few weeks of July last year, then there was a relatively large amount of movement in the last weeks of July and a couple of people even were admitted in August. I don't know what the profile for everyone who got off the waitlist was; this is just based on the people I know. I would predict that this year will not be too different from last year but don't know for sure. I would keep expressing your interest and remain hopeful because many people are admitted in July. good luck!

Just got off Tufts waitlist yesterday. Postmarked 7/12/02

Hi Vinsanity!

Congrats on your Tufts acceptance! Is that your first one? I knew you could do it! Tufts is an excellent school(even though I didn't even get an interview)!--very innovative program. I am especially happy for you because I've seen your perserverance and I know what its like being waitlisted with no word on your status.

Are you going to be going there or are you still dying to go to Mt. Sinai? Well, trust me I would be ecstatic to go to Tufts!

Take Care and Congrats again!
PS: What did you do to get off the waitlist?

Originally posted by vinsanity
Just got off Tufts waitlist yesterday. Postmarked 7/12/02

CONGRATS!!!!

Have you ever thought about the exciting experience of doing an INTERVIEW FEEDBACK!!!!!:clap: :clap: :D

congrats on tufts and on your sinai acceptance as well! I can't believe Tufts is still mailing out acceptances; they were calling people in July last year..

That awesome!!!! congrats!!!

Congratulations, dmbmd!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

YAY!! good for you, I knew you would get in. Tufts just likes to know that you're interested, right?:) I had started to think that SDN had become full of negative posts and back-biting and had started to consider not coming back at all, then I find that 2 very deserving people have been accepted to the two schools that showed me love in July last year. AND, I also find that I will have some really nice and positive colleagues at Tufts next year.Welcome to Tufts, you are all now officially M'06's!!:D

ok, here's a list of SDNers attending TUSM so far:

Class of 2006:
otter
trav96817
gooseHC
dmbmd
Trowa
dino240dl

Class of 2005:
Katie-from Baltimore, MD, went to U of Maryland, getting my own apt. in Fenway for the first time this year (YAY!!!). Likes running, hiking, camping (in trailers at least:)), and music. Interested in going into peds, psych, or emergency medicine.
nmehta-Neel, from CT, Tufts undergrad, who I think is in India this summer and therefore doesn't post too much lately.

Class of 2004:
I don't know anyone specific who is a SDN member in this class, but I know a girl named Karin from Tulane undergrad browses the forums from time to time.

please make any additions to the lists, such as other people who will be attending TUSM from this board or any information beside your name that you would like to share about yourself (i.e. are you looking for roommate, where you're living, where you went to undergrad, non-medical interests, etc.).

Originally posted by Katie
ok, here's a list of SDNers attending TUSM so far:

Class of 2006:
otter
trav96817
gooseHC
dmbmd

Trowa-from Queens, NY, and attended UMASS-Amherst. Just found a place in Cambridge (I saw Posner....heck no!). 23 now and my birthday is on the first day of orientation:mad:( I am an avid runner and outdoors type. I love music (actually, just trance/techno) and bacon. I'm currently interested in a surgical specialty, I like technical stuff.

dino240dl

Class of 2005:
Katie-from Baltimore, MD, went to U of Maryland, getting my own apt. in Fenway for the first time this year (YAY!!!). Likes running, hiking, camping (in trailers at least:)), and music. Interested in going into peds, psych, or emergency medicine.
nmehta-Neel, from CT, Tufts undergrad, who I think is in India this summer and therefore doesn't post too much lately.

Class of 2004:
I don't know anyone specific who is a SDN member in this class, but I know a girl named Karin from Tulane undergrad browses the forums from time to time.

please make any additions to the lists, such as other people who will be attending TUSM from this board or any information beside your name that you would like to share about yourself (i.e. are you looking for roommate, where you're living, where you went to undergrad, non-medical interests, etc.).
:D :D

thanks for posting guys.. the movers came to pick up my stuff today from our house in B-more. They will call us at 4 pm EDT today to let us know when my things will arrive. It looks like they might be arriving in Boston on Friday, so I am psyched to get on the plane tomorrow.. anyway, adding a little more info. Trowa, I share your sentiments on Posner completly.

TUSM Class of 2006:
-otter
-trav96817
-gooseHC
-dmbmd- from indiana, graduated from upenn, living off boston common on boylston
-Trowa-from Queens, NY, and attended UMASS-Amherst. Just found a place in Cambridge (I saw Posner....heck no!). 23 now and my birthday is on the first day of orientation:mad:( I am an avid runner and outdoors type. I love music (actually, just trance/techno) and bacon. I'm currently interested in a surgical specialty, I like technical stuff.
-dino240dl
-dr. quack

Class of 2005:
-Katie-from Baltimore, MD (but grew up in a suburb of DC), 25 y/o, went to U of Maryland (BS in Biological Sciences, 1999), getting my own apt. in Fenway for the first time this year (YAY!!!). Likes running, hiking, camping (in trailers at least), and music. Interested in going into peds, psych, or emergency medicine.
-nmehta-Neel, from CT, Tufts undergrad, who I think is in India this summer and therefore doesn't post too much lately.

Class of 2004:

okay, i will share my info, too.

TUSM Class of 2006:
-otter - went to Tufts undergrad and then worked as an engineer. I'll be living in Brookline. I like ethnic food, traveling, football (both soccer and NFL) and foreign languages. I also want to find someone to play tennis with.
-trav96817
-gooseHC
-dmbmd- from indiana, graduated from upenn, living off boston common on boylston
-Trowa-from Queens, NY, and attended UMASS-Amherst. Just found a place in Cambridge (I saw Posner....heck no!). 23 now and my birthday is on the first day of orientation:mad:( I am an avid runner and outdoors type. I love music (actually, just trance/techno) and bacon. I'm currently interested in a surgical specialty, I like technical stuff.
-dino240dl
-dr. quack

Class of 2005:
-Katie-from Baltimore, MD (but grew up in a suburb of DC), 25 y/o, went to U of Maryland (BS in Biological Sciences, 1999), getting my own apt. in Fenway for the first time this year (YAY!!!). Likes running, hiking, camping (in trailers at least), and music. Interested in going into peds, psych, or emergency medicine.
-nmehta-Neel, from CT, Tufts undergrad, who I think is in India this summer and therefore doesn't post too much lately.

Class of 2004: