Post-II Letter of Intent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to interview at an MD school (LKSOM) that I really want to attend. As I await their decision, I thought of possibly writing them a letter of intent, especially since they mentioned during the interview day that they like receiving letters.

What do you guys think? I don't have any updates to give them so I'm not sure whether it would be wise to send a letter or not. Please advise me.

Members don't see this ad.

I was fortunate enough to interview at an MD school (LKSOM) that I really want to attend. As I await their decision, I thought of possibly writing them a letter of intent, especially since they mentioned during the interview day that they like receiving letters.

What do you guys think? I don't have any updates to give them so I'm not sure whether it would be wise to send a letter or not. Please advise me.
Wait for the decision.
If you are waitlisted, send a letter.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Send a post-interview thank you note. Recap what impressed you about their school. If they like getting flowers, give them a rose first before sending the bouquet.

• Wow
  • Haha
Send a post-interview thank you note. Recap what impressed you about their school. If they like getting flowers, give them a rose first before sending the bouquet.
I should have mentioned that I had my interview on the 6th, so it’s been two weeks now. They said we should hear back in the second half of April.

I know I should have emailed them a thank you right after but I honestly forgot.

(I love the analogy you gave)

Reactions: 1 user
I should have mentioned that I had my interview on the 6th, so it’s been two weeks now. They said we should hear back in the second half of April.

I know I should have emailed them a thank you right after but I honestly forgot.
Oh my! Jump on it!!! :)

pumped up pacers fans GIF by NBA

• Love
Yes... if they like letters, take the shot!
Hello Mr. Smile, I was just working on writing the email to my interviewers but I realized that there is no contact information for any of them (I had 3 separate interviews for this school).

Would it make sense to send a thank you email to the general admissions email 3 weeks after my interview day? Please advise also if possible :) @gyngyn

Hello Mr. Smile, I was just working on writing the email to my interviewers but I realized that there is no contact information for any of them (I had 3 separate interviews for this school).

Would it make sense to send a thank you email to the general admissions email 3 weeks after my interview day? Please advise also if possible :) @gyngyn
If they didn't give you contact information, and yet said they like letters, you can send it to the admissions portal (or office).

If they didn't give you contact information, and yet said they like letters, you can send it to the admissions portal (or office).
Yeah they mentioned liking letters being uploaded to the portal, especially update ones (which isn’t the case here). So I can either send a regular email to the admissions email or upload a pdf to the portal. Since this is a thank you email, what do you think?

Yeah they mentioned liking letters being uploaded to the portal, especially update ones (which isn’t the case here). So I can either send a regular email to the admissions email or upload a pdf to the portal. Since this is a thank you email, what do you think?
Upload to the portal.