Question for MS1s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darkmatter

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After finally getting through the first year, what are the things you think you should've done before the start of class? Were you all satisfied with the preparation you got or were there things you should have done?

Members don't see this ad.

What should you do before school starts? Enjoy your summer! No need to study or do any prep work whatsoever (besides taking care of your living arrangements, fin aid, etc.) You're gonna be working your butt off all year, so enjoy the free time while you can. Travel. Work. Hang out. Just don't study! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I second Doggy's advise on excerise, it will help out a lot. Start getting in the habit early.

as people have said before, enjoy your summer, exericse regularly. i would also add, once school starts find a schdule that works for you and stick to it. some people went nuts and study 24/7 but found out they don't do much better than the rest of us. take advantage of all the support from faculty and administration. take advantage of all the amazing people you will meet and make some new friends. and probably most importantly make time for yourself every single day.

You would really be doing yourself a disservice by attempting any sort of preperation for med school. Med school is a game...you have to let them tell you rules before you start or else you will be lost. Live it up now because you will have to buckle down later. Perhaps get used to getting up early...I am still having trouble with this.