Recommendation Forms?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mossjoh

Mayo Clinic-PGY2
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if many schools require a specific form for recommendation letters? I'm currently asking physicians for letters. I emailed all the med schools I'm applying to, but has anyone had this experience in the past?

Members don't see this ad.

When you get your secondaries this summer, most schools will send you forms to attach with your letters of rec, give to the physicians, etc. You don't need to worry about this -- probably the best "form" for the letter writers to follow is to include your full name and social security number in the header of each page of the letter. I had all of my letters collected and waiting at my college reference letter service, and they just sent out copies for me as I contacted them. I didn't worry about any of the extra forms I received with my secondaries, and it wasn't a problem.

I think as long as your letter writers use official letterhead to and includes the information that lilycat mentioned, you should be fine. If the school does have a form, you could send it in as a cover sheet attached to the letter on physicians official stationary.

bb