School List Help - IA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gabaghoul88

Reaction score
1. GPA: 3.99, sGPA: 3.97
2. MCAT: 517
3. MA resident
4. ORM
5. T100 Public undergrad
6. Clinical: ~800 hours as full service care provider for elderly patients including ~100 volunteer hours
7. Research: ~2000 undergrad research hours in genetics lab, with thesis and presentation, one publication. Served as lab trainer. ~2000 hours in gastroenterology clinical research (putting it under research but clinically oriented as well) at research hospital, three publications
8. Shadowing: 100 hours in gastroenterology
9. Nonclinical volunteering: ~200 hours at soup kitchen, ~150 hours in social justice/advocacy group including meetings with government representatives
10. Other: ~600 hours leadership through EC organization (scholarship chair).
11. Awards: PBK, summa cum laude, deans list all semesters
12. Alcohol posession IA from freshman year (5yrs ago). No further incidents. I was caught bringing alcohol into the dorms while not intoxicated. Never on academic probation.

Thanks all for taking the time to consider me. Apologies for the vagueness (for anonymity). Really, I am struggling with making a school list considering my IA. I know from other posts that these can be mild, and I am lucky that some time has passed. Still, I am having trouble balancing my list and know that I should likely include more targets/safeties considering the IA. I will put my preliminary list below. Looking for some safeties/OOS friendly. Any feedback or additions would be much appreciated as I am planning to increase the size of the list to raise my chances.

School List:
-UMass
-Tufts
-Cincinnati
-Colorado
-USC Keck
-Wake forest
-Penn State
-Albany
-Tulane
-GWU
-Georgetown
-UMiama
-USF Morsani
-Thomas Jefferson
-Quinnipiac
-Einstein
-Rochester
-Pitt
-Hackensack
-Case Western
-Icahn
-Cornell
-Harvard
-Yale
-Mayo
-JHU
-Ohio State

Members don't see this ad.

You have a good list and should receive several interviews. You could add any of these schools:
Boston University
Vermont
Hofstra
Western Michigan
Northwestern

Reactions: 1 user
Don’t worry about the IA—it is a trivial one.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys have any advice as to how to write about the IA? In my case, this IA is not reportable by my university, meaning that the details about the event that I share cannot be verified/supported by documents from my university (confirmed with Dean). It also is not on my transcript or dean's certification (confirmed with Dean and I have seen both).

Does checking the IA box prompt medical schools to ask for more documentation of the event? I am worried about this considering that my university cannot provide any documents other than ones that say my record is clean. I am concerned that something like this could delay processing of my application.

Let me know if you guys have any thoughts about this. Thanks in advance and many thanks to those who have already taken the time to reply!

I was in the same boat where my IA was nowhere on my record, but I reported it as required by AMCAS. There was nothing extra that I had to do to my application besides write about the IA. For that all I did was state what happened taking full responsibility and ways that I changed because of the IA. I think in your case, as said above, your IA is pretty trivial and as long as you take full responsibility for it and don't blame others for it, you shouldn't have a problem.

Reactions: 1 users