SDNer of the Year....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfdevl02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My vote is for Kate, from Tufts Univ. SOM (I forgot her screenname)...she's already in med school but she's been so helpful and encouraging of everyone on this board!

And Tweetiebird too cause she kicks ass, doesn't give up and very encouraging as well...

Members don't see this ad.

my vote goes to tweetie_bird...katie's a very close second...pelicanman is the third (he wins "most improved player")...and "new and improved" TeinIV is up there.
wall$treet rounds out the bottom of my list. sorry, bro.

jot - you just cant get any better.

Members don't see this ad :)
i vote ramz, then ramz, then ramz again and then ramz and then its your pick for whos next hehe

I vote myself. Along with being a stellar applicant I had my screen name stolen and had to deal with a lot of emotional distress from the SDN community. Yet I still live on...

dr. wallstreet:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I nominate SMW.

Originally posted by cabruen
I nominate SMW.

I have to agree completely. She gives us tons of awesome information all the time, from bumping up old threads, to giving us links (gotta love the UW ethics site), and just giving great overall advice. Thanks SMW!!! :D

You guys are so sweet!!! I haven't even been around much lately, and to come back and find such sweet appreciation. Well, I just don't know what to say.......except thanks. And good luck to all (and kudos to those who've already been having it!) :) :) :)

My vote goes to Tweetie!! :D

And happy Thanksgiving to all!!! :love:

You guys are all so cool. :cool: Shammy, Surf, and SMW--thank you for the votes. ;) Although there's an apparent tie between SMW and myself, I'll gladly concede to a member such as SMW.

I think her help, encouragement, advice, and most of all her efforts on keeping our lists together have been priceless. I miss her presence on SDN. :(

Also let's not forget Oldman!! He started the whole essay reviewing thread last year and read countless essays to make sure the 2003'ers statements looked great. :clap:

Thanks you guys!!

I want to nominate Kusthasia (sp?) and imtiaz because they are living proof that perseverance and the belief in your abilities pays off...ain't nothing harder than falling and picking yourself back up.

Members don't see this ad :)
My top picks:

Lola, tweetie_bird, CaNEM, jot and exigente chica!

You have all been awesome!!!

:love:

I vote for SMW, CaNEM, UCLA 2000, and Tweetie!:clap:

Why do I have to limit my vote for SDNer of the year to just one person?

SMW-- she rules. (and she hand-writes thank you cards)
Tweetie_Bird-- kind, helpful, and official troll a$$-kicker
jot-- wow.
DW-- for the AA thread (therefore I also have to nominate Explosivo for the cockring comment on the AA thread)
Oldman-- for the personal statment thread, and Y!IFMBA!
Katie-- just b/c she's awesome

and I'll probably think of others later. I love SDN. :love:

Originally posted by marq_bme
Places that have told him he's in the second he stepped off the plane and are begging him to come there

UPitt
Vanderbilt
UCSF
Yale
Columbia

Like before the interview, they told him he was in? How do you have this information? You cannot leave me hangin here. . .

I also wanted to add Dr. Wallstreet to this list. Most of you may not agree but let me indulge--

I've been speaking to this guy for a while now and it seems he doesn't have a bone in his body that's gonna make him quit. He hasn't heard back from any school yet and has been rejected from his state schools.....yet, he's not sitting back and hoping for the best. This dude is instead prepping to take the MCATs the third time and he's not letting anything stop him.

I like to see perseverence. Kudos to those of you who are working hard and thinking ahead like him. You're all very brave!
-------------------------------------

Also, how about Pocwana?????

Pocwana was the person who made the website that helped us all out during secondaries etc. How many of us have that website bookmarked? :D So, I would nominate Pocwana for this too. (shame on us for forgetting her!)

I nominate every single one of the people on SDN. okay, it doesn't make sense that all of you could be "SDNer" of the year, but in some small way each of you are unique, and I think *anyone* who seeks, who strives, who puts themselves through all of this, has something special about them: self-belief, hard work, determination, humanism, altruism.

good luck to everyone on here! ;)

Yay I got two votes! Thanks kaos and isidella, I'll toast you at Thanksgiving dinner. ;)

aww.. thanks guys.. I'm so flattered.. I'm not sure I would personally nominate me since I have a bit of a temper and went through a bad stressed-out phase where I said some thing I shouldn't have, but I appreciate your kind words. I would also nominate everyone who has already been nominated, but with the addition of Doctora Foxy (unless I missed that someone else listed her). I know that she has been absent for about 2 months due to the academic load at UF, but she has always had a positive attitude, was more than willing to help anyone who needed it, and showed us all that medical school admissions are, despite reports to the contrary, about much more than numbers. I hope that she will have some time over winter break and/or once the tough class blocks end to say hello. Sweet Tea and DW are also very nice, helpful people who deserve a few nods as well. enjoy the rest of your Thanksgiving, everyone; this was my first in Boston instead of Baltimore as my parents now live a few blocks from me (long story:))

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
I also wanted to add Dr. Wallstreet to this list. Most of you may not agree but let me indulge--

I've been speaking to this guy for a while now and it seems he doesn't have a bone in his body that's gonna make him quit. He hasn't heard back from any school yet and has been rejected from his state schools.....yet, he's not sitting back and hoping for the best. This dude is instead prepping to take the MCATs the third time and he's not letting anything stop him.

I like to see perseverence. Kudos to those of you who are working hard and thinking ahead like him. You're all very brave!
-------------------------------------

Also, how about Pocwana?????

Pocwana was the person who made the website that helped us all out during secondaries etc. How many of us have that website bookmarked? :D So, I would nominate Pocwana for this too. (shame on us for forgetting her!)

:love: :love: Thanks tweetie! ur totally in my cool book as you know. Rigth back at ya about the perserverence and dedication.. i think that is why we are cool with each other cause we are both like that forsure. Im going to get slamed for saying this but a ton of SDN poeple are such great candidates and have a zillion interviews etc and i just dont relate to that and never realy been me to be in that elite academic catetory. Anyway your cool as Shiit-im totally cheering u on in this process for an acceptance!! we WILL do this!

Originally posted by mdjd

Tweetie's on the bottom -- do we have to see a plurality of smilies on every single post?

I hope you are kidding. If not +pissed+ If so;)

I vote for all the nontrads on SDN for not giving up on their dreams!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by mdjd
Jot's on top -- I want his CV.

Tweetie's on the bottom -- do we have to see a plurality of smilies on every single post?

Yes, of course we do! :) :) :)

Tweetie rules!

My votes are for people like Tweetie, jot, SMW, Sweet Tea (she shares my dislike of the carpetbagging ho, Lizzie Dole, among other good traits she has), that Opthalmologist guy, and umm...hmm.... there are some others, but not coming to mind. Oh yeah, and someone on SDN who I won't out but is doing incredible in the applications process. ;)

Originally posted by pathdr2b
I vote for all the nontrads on SDN for not giving up on their dreams!!:clap: :clap: :clap:
Alright!!!! Cheers to our persistence & to everybody mentioned above!! :clap:

Jot has my vote. For sure.

let's start nominating people to the sigma delta nu fraternity. :D

Let's just have everyone who is applying this year whip out their penis? Biggest one wins....

I think that's the best way to stroke our ego's and make ourselves feel like winners...

once it's whipped out... better things to stroke than my ego.

I have to at least give honorable mention to gramcracker who gave us a lively debate for Universal Healthcare...

Oh yeah,
And I'd probably have to vote for tweetie...

Uh, Scooby, what has medschool done to you? :( I would have said, nice to hear from you again, except it wasn't..........:(

Originally posted by SMW
Uh, Scooby, what has medschool done to you? :( I would have said, nice to hear from you again, except it wasn't..........:(

really? I rather enjoyed that comment!

Originally posted by SMW

Good to hear from you SMW...Med school hasn't really done anything...I just always was not a fan of these type of posts. It reminds me of "Who has the most acceptances?" style posts...."Who's had sex with the most people?"...."Who's funnier?"...."Who's done more drugs?"...blah blah blah....
While my examples at least have some direction....
This one is too open to interpretation and will just spiral into oblivion.....

Originally posted by Scooby Doo
"Who has the most acceptances?"
"Who's had sex with the most people?"....
"Who's funnier?"
...."Who's done more drugs?".

*points at Pimp Daddy Scoobs*

Doh! Was that a retorical question?:laugh: