Stanford v Yale v Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilikethemapples

Reaction score
Looking for some quick thoughts/advice on things to consider as I approach the final decision.

I was pretty set on S as my absolute #1 until I learned of my financial aid package.

Y and D are offering full COA vs full tuition only for S. I was told by finaid personnel that S doesn't negotiate the grant award. My family is low-income so this is a huge factor for me.

I love all three programs but S is much, much closer to home.

Are there unique tangibles with S that I am not thinking of and are worth going into debt for outside of being close to family?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How much is COL at S? Is there any way you could ask for fees to be covered or health insurance or something? Anything helps!

How much is COL at S? Is there any way you could ask for fees to be covered or health insurance or something? Anything helps!
Roughly 30-40k on top of tuition. Trying to state my case to financial aid, but currently not hopeful.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Looking for some quick thoughts/advice on things to consider as I approach the final decision.

I was pretty set on S as my absolute #1 until I learned of my financial aid package.

Y and D are offering full COA vs full tuition only for S. I was told by finaid personnel that S doesn't negotiate the grant award. My family is low-income so this is a huge factor for me.

I love all three programs but S is much, much closer to home.

Are there unique tangibles with S that I am not thinking of and are worth going into debt for outside of being close to family?

Thanks in advance.

What are your career aspirations? I can only think of careers outside of medicine like VC/Consulting/Biotech giving you a bit of an advantage over the other two but it’s so marginal. Outside of that, all these schools offer great dual degree options and it looks like Duke and Yale will offer a chiller clinical experience now that Stanford is reportedly going back to graded clinical.

Reactions: 1 users