Stuck in Limbo - Get another letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmc1094

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So we're approaching the deadliest deadline of all - Thanksgiving. So far I've only received one interview and am a little bit nervous of my chances and would love to pad it out a bit.

I got a response today from a potential letter writer to an email that I sent him back in July (guess it got lost in his inbox), requesting the usual materials, etc. At this point, I'm keen to tack anything on to my application that might make me a desirable candidate. Is it too late in the cycle to try and get this letter written? Would it have a net positive effect on my application or would my letter writer's efforts be wasted?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I did this actually (not right now but pretty recently). First off, this cycle started a little late (about a week I think) and thanksgiving is earlier this month so I think maybe another couple weeks will go by before we are at that "supposedly hopeless" point. Even for the school you already got an interview from it could help. BU actually encouraged us to send letters from now until decision day. I applied to like 34 schools and have 4 interviews as of now so my yield isnt too great either. I would say why not, it could only help so I wouldnt consider it wasted even if it doesnt end up getting you another interview (still may have increased our chances) Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user