Summer Research Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tennisgirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone reccommend any worthwhile summer research programs? I've been searching online and a few interesting ones have come up. A few school just have the option of searching through faculty members and submitting an order of preference of the research topics, while other programs have an application. Any suggestions on what to write for the essays?

Members don't see this ad.

If you havent done research before I would write about your enthusiasm for research. The strenghths that you have that make you good at research. Prior experiences that have prepared you for research, ect.

tennisgirl,

your question of which summer research programs to apply to is dependent on whether or not you are a post-bacc or not. there are many programs out there for college sophomores and juniors... to name a few are UCSF, Albert Einstein School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic... etc. as a post-bacc, i highly recommend doing a summer research program at a pharmaceutical such as Bristol-Myers Squibb. There is also a summer research program at NIH. if you want specific information, email me. I have participated in three of the aforementioned programs.

good luck to you!