UCI Vs. UCD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aria111

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's been done, but I can't find the thread...So, i'm just wondering where y'all would choose to go. Pls consider location and clinical experience in your answer.
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Irvine has a better national reputation. is there something making you want to go to Davis?

I thought Davis had a better reputation, so that's why I've started to have second thoughts about attending Irvine. do you really think irvine has a better national rep? Either way, reputation is not as important to me as location and other qualities, so I think I'll be staying in southern california. just wondering what everyone else was thinking, undecided2- that's why i posted.

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by Aria111:
•I thought Davis had a better reputation, so that's why I've started to have second thoughts about attending Irvine. do you really think irvine has a better national rep? Either way, reputation is not as important to me as location and other qualities, so I think I'll be staying in southern california. just wondering what everyone else was thinking, undecided2- that's why i posted.•••••The way I undestood it, Irvine had very little if any national reputation. Davis on the other hand is constantly ranked as a top primariy school and thus has a more known name.

Davis has a better reputation in California. Nationwide it does too, because it's ranked in the top 50 and Irvine is not.
The weather in Irvine is way better. Davis can be pretty foggy in the winter from what I understand.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by lola:
•Davis has a better reputation in California. Nationwide it does too, because it's ranked in the top 50 and Irvine is not.
The weather in Irvine is way better. Davis can be pretty foggy in the winter from what I understand.•••••I don't know where you got this fog idea. Yeah, we have a few days with fog in the winter, but it burns off pretty fast. I won't deny the weather in Irvine being better, but having seen Irvine (my brother goes there), and going to Davis myself, I think the college environment at Davis is better. Cost of living is a bit better in Davis too (rents are a bit lower than OC), but with the housing crunch here, I don't know how long that will last.

If anyone has any questions about Davis (not necessarily the med school), feel free to PM me (I've lived here 5 years).

What a wonderful decision to have to make! I'm going to Irvine, but that's because it is MSTP...whereas Davis isn't.