UCONN first impressions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crimson

What up Smokey!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
As a D1 at UCONN, I wanted to share some quick first impressions (we have been in classes for 4+ weeks now)...
1. Really friendly people.
2. Super dedicated faculty.
3. Good inter-class interaction and mentorship.

Ok now the part that I think all of you should think about seriously... THIS IS AN INCREDIBLY DEMANDING AND RIGOROUS CURRICUUM. I graduated from a top liberal arts collge with a dould major and the amt of work I have done just in the past four weeks makes the college experience completely baseline.

So if you want to STUDY YOUR EVERY WAKING MOMENT come here.
But be realistic. i still feel I am going to make it (we get back our first exam next week), but I am not taking it for granted.

And by the way for the first two years you will be doing ALL the medical school classes in the morning AND the dental classes in the afternoon (35-40hrs total instruction/wk)

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

And by the way for the first two years you will be doing ALL the medical school classes in the morning AND the dental classes in the afternoon (35-40hrs total instruction/wk)

And MD's think they are smarter/better than dentists...:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
crimson,

thank you very much for helping us out. i am heading your way in about 2 weeks and can hardly wait to visit the school. i have read a lot about the school and am very anxious to see it in person.

thanks for all the info and good luck on your exam.