UMDMJ interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pratik7

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an interview today at UMDNJ and it is really vauge on what is going other than the interview. All it says is interview at 9:30 with an optional tour and lunch at noon. Is there the usual seminar stuff on what the first two years are like and the clinicals or is it just the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there last year in the first week of October. After your interview you can go back to the waiting area of the admissions office and wait until 11am. Then they show you a video about UMDNJ. Before that I looked at all the reading materials they have around the office. I also read up of the renting situations available in the south jersey area since I am from California. The tour and lunch with students was one of the best I'd been given at any interview, enjoy ... it's a great place!

Members don't see this ad :)
premedmijo said:
I interviewed there last year in the first week of October. After your interview you can go back to the waiting area of the admissions office and wait until 11am. Then they show you a video about UMDNJ. Before that I looked at all the reading materials they have around the office. I also read up of the renting situations available in the south jersey area since I am from California. The tour and lunch with students was one of the best I'd been given at any interview, enjoy ... it's a great place!

Is there any reason that you didn't go there and went to COMP instead? I am thinking about COMP as my realistic choice bc its in Cali. But I am thinking about PCOM (bc of the DO/MPH), UMDNJ (bc of DO/MPH and its cheaper) and NYCOM (DO/MS in nutrition). Any advantages that COMP has over these 3 schools? THANKS!!!

did UMDNJ have a secondary.. i selected on my AACOMAS.. but i haven't heard anything ... any advice?

Their secondary is on their website, they inform you snail mail to fill it out. Maybe your snail mail invitation got lost? Calling them can only help =)

Interview is extremely laid back here. Be sure to talk to some students when you're here. What is the date of your interview? There is usually a morning group and an afternoon group. Lunch is provided and the tour is pretty good. I love it here. Feel free to contact me with any questions about SOM.

-J

I'm coming in on the 24th for an afternoon interview and I'd love to be able to talk to some students about the NJ SOM experience-highlights lowlights etc
SInce I'm coming from Cali and I work I'm taking the red-eye in on thrusday night so...