Umich vs Pritzker

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xyzzzz99

Reaction score
Feeling so lucky to be deciding between these schools! After their offers, the COA is very similar between both. Both schools seem very supportive, collaborative, and all have incredible research opportunities, so I didn't include those factors in the list

Michigan pros :
  • Flex quizzing
  • 1 year pre clinical
  • Great residency programs (potentially bigger name in medicine?)
  • Flexibility in M3 and M4 year for research, more clinical experiences, exploring specialities etc

Michigan cons:
  • Less diverse patient population
  • Ann Arbor is a smaller town
  • School seems less connected to diverse communities? Not so sure
  • H/HP/P/F clinical grading and AOA

Chicago pros:
  • Patient population very diverse, mostly low-income
  • Social justice focus (but parts of michigan seem to have this as well)
  • The school feels very connected to Chicago communities and activism
  • Chicago location and city
Chicago cons:
  • Longer preclinical, less time to explore other specialties and take on research after clinical year
  • No flex quizzing, all day exams in person
  • H/HP/P/F clinical grading and AOA

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • 1 year pre clinical
  • Flexibility in M3 and M4 year for research, more clinical experiences, exploring specialities etc
Disclaimer: committed to Michigan.
I think these two points are the biggest pluses that you don't know you will appreciate until you get here. Time is always at a premium and being free to explore and research in third year is going to be invaluable.

I went to Umich undergrad and cannot emphasize how much I love the school. Happy to answer any questions you have about Ann Arbor or community if it will help you narrow things down.