UMichigan and light at the end of the tunnel...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LizardKing

Veteran Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some of you may be familiar with my story. I was on 7 waitlists with 0 acceptances. Michigan just emailed me and offered me a spot! Oh man, I've waited so long for this.

(Btw, I was an out-of-state applicant on the top tier. I sent them a letter of interest.)

There is hope for all of you waitlisted out there. I thought I was in the worst situation there could be.

Members don't see this ad.

I know little bits of your story. Congrats congrats!!! :clap: :clap: I wondered a lot why a steller applicant like yourself hadn't gotten any acceptance. But, it seems like the wait's been all worth it. U of Michigan kicks a$$.

LizardKing:
Wow, Congrats to you! You must feel so great having all that anxiety suddenly go away.

It will make your journey in med school more meaningful!

congrats again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats Lizardking!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: Enjoy the summer from now on!!

THANKS! Without all the tips and advice I got from SDN, I seriously doubt I'd be reporting this good news. Seems like I'll be a SDN vet for life. Thanks again to all.

All that waiting and pulling my hair out got me down for several months. I seriously thought waitlists were just a gentle way of letting people down.

Congrats LizardKing,
I remember your story because I was in very similar shoes (out-of-state, top-tier Umich waitlist, wrote letter of intent to them). I was sure that you were gonna hear something with the strength of your application; it was just a matter of time. I am hoping to hear the "good news" from Michigan by the end of this month and if not... I think I will write another letter. Question: who was the email from?

Cool, man. Congrats!!!

Congrats! That's awesome news! :clap: Felicitaciones! :D :clap:

Congrats Lizardking!
U Mich is such a great school! I totally related to your situation since I was also one of those sitting on 9 waitlists until my first acceptance... I remember how good it felt...
congrats again!
meizy

Yeah lizzardking! congrats! now its time to sit back and relax. hopefully ill see ya at umich next year. :clap: :clap:

WOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I'm very happy for you! Congratulations and enjoy your summer!

The email was from Katie Horne, the Director of Admissions there. I still haven't received official confirmation via snail mail, and the web status hasn't been updated yet.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by me:
•Congrats LizardKing,
I remember your story because I was in very similar shoes (out-of-state, top-tier Umich waitlist, wrote letter of intent to them). I was sure that you were gonna hear something with the strength of your application; it was just a matter of time. I am hoping to hear the "good news" from Michigan by the end of this month and if not... I think I will write another letter. Question: who was the email from?•••••

SWEEETTT!! :D Lizardking, you are an amazing applicant. It was only a matter of time.. time and brain cells.. YOU'RE IN!! :D :clap: :clap: