UPenn anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MIT

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm planning to attend UPenn and I just wanted to meet some of my classmates next year. What are you guys deciding about housing? Hope to hear from you guys.

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be at Penn too!! Good decision!! I'm still not positive on teh housing situation...i'm leaning towards living in the grad towers because i don't have the time to search for an apartment...and im not really familiar with the area to know exactly where the good places are to live. A lot of ppl have posted negative info on the dental hosue which is why im not gonna live there...
-Jaclyn

Hi Jaclyn,

Yeah, I haven't heard any good things about the Dental House either. I'm looking to stay in the Grad Towers, but the rooms are extremely small. When are you planning on heading down to Penn? Well, if you want to, feel free to email me at [email protected]. Best of luck and looking forward to meeting you next year.

-Alan

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Alan,

I'll be starting Penn in the fall too. I've also decided on the grad towers. I sent in the application and am waiting to hear about my placement. Are the rooms intolerably small?

:) Sahar

Hey Sahar,

I pretty sure that the rooms at Sansom Place is small. You can check the Penn website for a floor plan. As far as I can remember, the size of each bedroom is about 10 X 10, so there isn't that much space for anything else. Did you pick the 2 bdrm or 1 bdrm? Well, looking forward to meeting you.

-Alan

Hi Alan,

Since I can't go out to Philly to find a place I guess I'll have to settle fo the small rooms. I'm sure it'll be fine. I think my first choice was the 2 bdrm and then the single. The 1 bdrm was a little too expensive. I called thehousing office yesterday to see if they have even received my application and I was told they can't say anything until June 1. I'm curious to see which I get and if I get the double who my roommate will be.

So, which did you choose?

I look forward to meeting you too,
Sahar

Jaclyn,

Did you ever get my last email?

S

Sahar,
I did get your email.....work has been EXTREMELY BUSY so i haven't had time to respond!! I'll definitely write you back by Friday :)
Sorry!!
-jaclyn

Hello dear friends...
I will be a part of UPENN the class of 2006...
I hope you guys have a great summer before the semester begins... Gook Luck and see you guys this coming Fall...

byebye

sang..

P.S. what are yours' housing plans? becasue I'm coming up to Phili on May 12th to look for some apartments :D or studio.....

I just got back from Philadelphia and managed to secure an apt. while I was there. 39th and Pine St. - approx. 2 blocks from the dental school, so it is really convienent.

I will be moving there in July. Look forward to meeting some of you.

congrats on the apt. eschou
2 blocks is awesome, you can wake up 5 minutes before class. Looking forward to meeting you.

Sahar

39th and pine is a good area. I lived there last year. There are lots of college kids who live on that block and throw parties. You will enjoy living there. Is your landlord UCA or a private person?