USUHS prior service

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbris16

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone here can answer this question for me otherwise I will be calling the school in the next few days to get an answer and post it here.

I am currently a 1LT in the Army Reserves about to start a post bacc certificate. I'm planning to apply for USUHS. If I'm accepted I understand that my pay will continue to be O2 or higher (hopefully I make CPT before then), but will my BAH remain at my current pay grade or revert back to O1?

Josh

Members don't see this ad.

If you read the “save pay provision” USU provides in their “ what you need to know” pamphlet it indicates that save pay only applies to active duty. I do not know of any prior reservists from my class that received save pay. However, my experience only comes from being an active duty prior line officer.

I would highly advise that you call the school to find out what entitlements exactly you should expect to receive, if any, from prior reserve service time. It would be a real bummer for it to come as a surprise that you were being paid as an O1 and expecting something significantly different.

Members don't see this ad :)