WAMC 3.94/522

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

astroglia1234

Reaction score
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I defer to the experts for a more serious post, but if you write well about your activities and construct a good narrative around why medicine and improving healthcare for patients with disabilities, I'd be shocked if you don't get interviews at a couple T10 schools.

Reactions: 1 user
How does a 3.94 fair for top medical schools (1 B-, 1 B+, 2 A-, rest A/A+s) especially as Indian applicant? Especially for stat heavy schools like NYU and WashU
There's really little difference between 3.94 and 4.00. Don't even think about this! On paper, your application looks fine for top schools, including NYU/WashU. No one can say what exactly your chances are. It's really a crap shoot applying.
construct a good narrative around why medicine and improving healthcare for patients with disabilities
This is the critical part of your application. You need a great story or else you look like just another great applicant to the top schools.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Obviously higher is always better but no one will reject you for a 3.94 vs a 4.0. Just guessing here but I’d say <3.9 and 4.0 would have some difference (for top programs)

You're pack fodder at top 20s and strong everywhere else.

Pack fodder: you're in the pack, you're not the cream of the crop of the cream of the crop, but you've got a real shot at a T20 acceptance.

Non-Clinical Volunteering: Tutoring for individuals with disabilities, volunteer at program for children with ASD and other disabilities receiving therapy and care, volunteer for homeless (distribute); 1000 hours volunteering
Since you have claimed a formal certificate or minor in disability studies, how much of this is part of experiential credit needed to graduate?

Since you have claimed a formal certificate or minor in disability studies, how much of this is part of experiential credit needed to graduate?
I think like 200 hours. Can I not count volunteering that I also do for experiential credit as solely volunteering? Is it looked down upon?

I think like 200 hours. Can I not count volunteering that I also do for experiential credit as solely volunteering? Is it looked down upon?
I think the experience is valuable, but it is one thing to do something because you have to versus you want to.

You can count it, just make a note in the description that 200 hours were part of X program for credit/requirement for your degree. People do research for college credit and list it in W&A. Some students have shadowing as part of a course and then list it in W&A. I listed something that was a requirement in my W&A because it was significant to me. I'll send you a PM so I don't doxx myself.

Last edited:
I think the experience is valuable, but it is one thing to do something because you have to versus you want to.
Yes, definitely. It was actually volunteering out of my own interest. I learned I needed experiential learning credit later on to get the minor. So I applied the volunteering for credit later on, but my initial motive was simply to volunteer out of interest.