Well I'll Be Damn....I Got In!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ceez

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got my BU acceptance letter today. My first acceptance! And I am completely stunned.

LOL. I'm going to be a doctor! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Well let me be the first to congratulate you!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

congrats ceez! :clap: :clap: was this off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!!!!!!

:clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :D

by the way, when did you interview and were you on the waitlist? :wink: :D

editing: He interviewed in March and got the waitlist May 13th

Felicitaciones!!!

NIIICCCCCCCEEEE!! congrats!!

I interviewed March 14th. The funny thing is, they sent me a letter last week offering me a place on their waitlist. I was just about to mail in my letter of intent today when I got my acceptance. :D

Now I gotta figure out what to do about UCLA, my top choice. BU wants me to commit by May 31st, and I'm on UCLA's waitlist right now.

Oh well, I don't want to think about that right now. I need to figure out what bottle of wine I wanna buy tonight. :D :D

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Ceez:
•I interviewed March 14th. The funny thing is, they sent me a letter last week offering me a place on their waitlist. I was just about to mail in my letter of intent today when I got my acceptance. :D

Now I gotta figure out what to do about UCLA, my top choice. BU wants me to commit by May 31st, and I'm on UCLA's waitlist right now.

Oh well, I don't want to think about that right now. I need to figure out what bottle of wine I wanna buy tonight. :D :D •••••Congratulations.

Accept BU's invitation and withdraw later if you get into UCLA. There are a lot of people in this situation.

•••quote:••••Originally posted by ewells:
Congratulations.

Accept BU's invitation and withdraw later if you get into UCLA. There are a lot of people in this situation.•••••Really? Wouldn't that be kind of shady to accept BU now and then ditch then for UCLA later?

Congrats, Ceez! I don't think it would be a problem to accept BU and wait for UCLA. The $500 deposit isn't due to BU until June 15th, so you can tell them yes and then wait a couple of weeks. All schools deal with this issue every year...

•••quote:•••Originally posted by m2006:
•Congrats, Ceez! I don't think it would be a problem to accept BU and wait for UCLA. The $500 deposit isn't due to BU until June 15th, so you can tell them yes and then wait a couple of weeks. All schools deal with this issue every year...•••••So what happens if I don't hear from UCLA by June 15th?

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
best of luck in Boston!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by Ceez:
• •••quote:•••Originally posted by m2006:
•Congrats, Ceez! I don't think it would be a problem to accept BU and wait for UCLA. The $500 deposit isn't due to BU until June 15th, so you can tell them yes and then wait a couple of weeks. All schools deal with this issue every year...•••••So what happens if I don't hear from UCLA by June 15th?•••••$500 is not much to lose when you compare BU's and UCLA's tuitions. I would even give up a tuition payment to Finch if UF accepts me! I would still be saving a ton of money in the long run.

There might be a way around losing the money though...

Congrats Ceez!!! That's so coool!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Way to go ceez! :clap: By the way, I love your name, I was going to call myself ceez (its a long story) until I saw it already used! Good Luck.

YEAH!!!!
That first accepeptance is the sweetest.

Hey Congrats! It is by no means a bad thing to tell BU you're going there and hold onto UCLA's waitlist position. In fact, AAMC guidelines state that NO school can ask you to withdraw from waitlists after May 15 as a criteria for their acceptance. It's part of the way the system works...just wait for UCLA and then reject BU...no matter the date. Now, you might lose your $500, but like someone posted, this is a drop in the bucket in the long run. Congrats again!

you finna be a doc! WORD! it's great to even have the possibility of this option! Congrats dude.

hey, who is your avatar? I'm sure it's posted elsewhere, but I dont know where to wade. Looks like a rapper (method man?)

•••quote:•••Originally posted by USeF:
•you finna be a doc! WORD! it's great to even have the possibility of this option! Congrats dude.

hey, who is your avatar? I'm sure it's posted elsewhere, but I dont know where to wade. Looks like a rapper (method man?)•••••It's ODb :D

Hey that's great news. If you end up there I have a friend who will be your classmate. Congrats again! :clap:

Ceez, that's awesome. Congratulations!! :clap:

Awesome!! Congrats!! :clap: