What programs sending out thank yous/feedback

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roctown

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought we could post some info on which places were sending out letters to us after visiting, see which ones may actually be a personalized gesture and which are going out to everyone....

I got them from B & W and Northwestern...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with Dre, received one from UW-Mad also and they are great people. Also Mayo-Rochester, Dartmouth, UVA, and Penn State. The people I met at all of these programs were very friendly.

Dr. JJ-
For once someone agrees with me! Still haven't gotten any Mayo love... either lost in the mail or just not their cup of tea! Glad you got one from Mad as well, that was quick!

Will call you Wednesday night.

Take care, Dre'

DR. JJ said:
Agree with Dre, received one from UW-Mad also and they are great people. Also Mayo-Rochester, Dartmouth, UVA, and Penn State. The people I met at all of these programs were very friendly.

fishtolive said:

The man with no love for Boston gets some love’in from MGH! Oh the irony! :cool:

ear-ache said:
The man with no love for Boston gets some love’in from MGH! Oh the irony! :cool:

ain't that the troof!

ear,
any love? will call wed or th.
take care, dre'

ear-ache said:

Dre: Your a B@stard for cranking tele turns in Utah, and I PM'd you to whine some more.

Fish: Strong work with MGH :thumbup: . Chicks dig guys who are 'unavailable'. :laugh:

ear-ache said:
Dre: Your a B@stard for cranking tele turns in Utah, and I PM'd you to whine some more.

Fish: Strong work with MGH :thumbup: . Chicks dig guys who are 'unavailable'. :laugh:

Two inside jokes in a single post...I'm feeling quite a bit left out ya know, kinda like the neighborhood kid that no one invites out for the street hockey games. How do I join the club...is there a secret handshake?

aredoubleyou said:
Two inside jokes in a single post...I'm feeling quite a bit left out ya know, kinda like the neighborhood kid that no one invites out for the street hockey games. How do I join the club...is there a secret handshake?

RWU,

You're in! You are now just as cool as me and Dre (I'm the red-head), but you have to buy your own tights.
Fish, you want in too?

PS - Sorry for the brief Hijack everyone...

Attachments

• 32b.jpg
    32b.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 128
Members don't see this ad :)
buy em? i already got em...count me in.

RW,
You're in. If you want to be though- it's blood in, blood out.

You have to come out to UT and carve some turns- and I don't mean snow...

DrDre' said:
RW,
You're in. If you want to be though- it's blood in, blood out.

You have to come out to UT and carve some turns- and I don't mean snow...

Is this where I get the beat down?? Pistol whiped or fists...wait, I'm talking to Dre, defenitely pistols.

Maryland, Penn, Stanford, UCSD

Oregon - 2 personalized e-mails
Columbia - 2 personalized e-mails
JHU - 1 personalized, 1 general e-mail
Penn - 2 personalized e-mails
Michigan - 2 personalized e-mails
Yale - 1 general snail mail letter
U Chicago - 1 phone call
UCSF - 1 general snail mail letter
Stanford - 1 personalized e-mail

Dude, you got jiped!

Oregon- A strip-o-gram
Columbia - 6 hour trip to tijuana
JHU - a home massage (with a happy ending)
Penn - personally signed crack pipe
Michigan - Hummer (as in H3...)
Yale - Pics of the hot interns in bikinis through snail mail
U of C - phone call (talking dirty to me)
UCSF - a gun to shoot myself in case I match at Stanford
Stanford - a gun to shoot myself in case I match at UCSF

Awwww, man! I knew something was up when they took all the other applicants into a room and I heard disco music floating out...

That's awesome. I've been contacted by several programs via fortune cookie.

rugtrousers said:
Oregon - 2 personalized e-mails
Columbia - 2 personalized e-mails
JHU - 1 personalized, 1 general e-mail
Penn - 2 personalized e-mails
Michigan - 2 personalized e-mails
Yale - 1 general snail mail letter
U Chicago - 1 phone call
UCSF - 1 general snail mail letter
Stanford - 1 personalized e-mail

Yeah, but what did USF send you.

Hey guys, first-time poster, long-time lurker. I was just wondering if anyone else got a letter from UCLA-Westwood. I've heard of that, but didn't know if it was true or not... :)

WannaBMD said:
Hey guys, first-time poster, long-time lurker. I was just wondering if anyone else got a letter from UCLA-Westwood. I've heard of that, but didn't know if it was true or not... :)

Will the answer you get change anything? Will a "yae" make you depressed and a "nay" give you warm fuzzies? I'd recommend just ranking your programs as you like them and not consider whether a program writes you a letter.

i got a very very brief note from ucla that said thanks for coming and they would like to hear any comments about the interview day. very generic. three sentences, maybe.

kid korea said:
anybody else get thank yous from st. vincent's (NYC) prelim/TY programs? what about UIC?

Yeah, I got two separate, different snail mail letters from St. Vincent's within a week of each other (weird). I applied for just the TY program.

Yale, St. Vincents, Einstein, Stony Brook, Greenwich

Idiopathic said:
Yeah, but what did USF send you.

They said they would change my "not-good-enough-to-get-into-MD-school" DO degree into an allopathic one.......how 'bout them apples IDIO?" :wow:

if they say "I wish you the best in the Match", is that the kiss of death??? :mad: :eek: :scared:

kid korea said:
anybody else get thank yous from st. vincent's (NYC) prelim/TY programs? what about UIC?
got a thank you note, hand written, from the person that's goign to be chief next year at UIC....did u get one from him too?

I got a phone calls from Brigham and Womens and University of Chicago
I got general letter w/ a hand written note from Brigham and Womens, Duke, Northwestern, University of Chicago.
I interviewed at brigham, univ chicago, northwestern, duke, michigan, wash u stl, columbia

Rawnit said:
They said they would change my "not-good-enough-to-get-into-MD-school" DO degree into an allopathic one.......how 'bout them apples IDIO?" :wow:

sweet...if that offer comes with a res. spot, take it!

:thumbup: :laugh: :thumbup: :laugh:

onyX said:
if they say "I wish you the best in the Match", is that the kiss of death??? :mad: :eek: :scared:

I wonder the same thing too. Hard to know, that's for sure.

toughlife said:
I wonder the same thing too. Hard to know, that's for sure.

i've gotten several "best of luck in the match" quotes...not sure what that means...

KluverBucy said:
i've gotten several "best of luck in the match" quotes...not sure what that means...
i'm starting to feel that everyone says this to everyone!

but the other side of me makes me feel that they say those words implying something ;)

something good ;)

KluverBucy said:

I got one "good luck to you in the match" which means "there's no way in hell we are ranking you". Oh well, moving on.