What schools require Anat & Phys?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hs2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title says it all. I want to take the class but between graduation requirements and degree requirements, it may make 1 or 2 semesters extremely tough and I would rather just take an easy class and keep my GPA up than kill myself taking 4 tough classes

Members don't see this ad.

i know IU and Memphis require anatomy. idk if any specifically require A AND P.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do yourself a solid and just take the dang class!

Reactions: 1 users
Do yourself a solid and just take the dang class!

I agree. You will see this again in dental school so why not get your feet wet now? It certainly wouldn't hurt. The more bio classes you have the better your application looks. Just don't fail it lol

I agree. You will see this again in dental school so why not get your feet wet now? It certainly wouldn't hurt. The more bio classes you have the better your application looks. Just don't fail it lol
I took anatomy and phys part 1 4 years before I matriculated, and part 2 right before. So far we've only covered the head and neck anatomy which was 4 years ago for me and I remembered almost nothing and had to study a lot more. Same with microbiology and biochem. Taking and more importantly learning what's in your upper level bio classes will help so much. Now O-chem and regular chem at least at my school, just get through them and you probably won't see too much.

Reactions: 1 user
I took anatomy and phys part 1 4 years before I matriculated, and part 2 right before. So far we've only covered the head and neck anatomy which was 4 years ago for me and I remembered almost nothing and had to study a lot more. Same with microbiology and biochem. Taking and more importantly learning what's in your upper level bio classes will help so much. Now O-chem and regular chem at least at my school, just get through them and you probably won't see too much.

Ah I see. I suppose it depends on the school too. Down here in TX, my advisers and dentists encouraged taking A&P which is geared towards nursing students. I guess I took it for that reason and for fun. lol

UNC does.

Anatomy would be a good class to take your senior so that maybe some of it sticks with you.

Iowa doesn't.

However, I would HIGHLY recommended taking A&P. The students who didn't are really struggling in phys right now and you can tell. It will save you the headache and study time down the road if you take it now.