Which schools interview early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skyhawkd

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering what schools usually start interviewing before the end of the year.
Also, what schools interview at the bitter end of the cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

NYU & Columbia interview very early (Oct); others I interviewed at before Dec: BU, Georgetown, GW, Penn. It really depends on how early your application is completed, so apply EARLY!!

Pitt started interviewing pretty early last year. They sent out a lot of invites before they even had secondaries!

Members don't see this ad :)
some Texas schools started interviewing in August last year....all TX schools were interviewing by early September.

from my experience, all the ny state schools, penn state, and gw interview early. i think it was a little different last year with the amcas situation though.

some of these schools contacted me by phone late august to schedule interview in sept.

I think most schools start interviewing before the end of the year. Even with all the AMCAS delays last cycle, I had almost all of my interviews before January 1st, because I had all of my secondaries in before the end of September (and many of them before the end of August). So the take-home message is: APPLYING EARLY means you have a much better chance of INTERVIEWING EARLY.

you can't even turn in NYU till august 5th right? they have that fast of a turn around time? damn.
-jot

I heard that U of Washington starts interviewing in Sep/Oct. Is this true?