writing sample any way to get a practice score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glia25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i'm currently enrolled in an online kaplan class and have been following along at a pretty slow rate...i am on my first round of verbal/writing sample review and was thinking...is there any online practice test that will actually score your writing sample?

does anyone know if the CBT kaplan FLs can be scored on the writing sample section? is there any test prep service that will cover this for you?

Members don't see this ad.

When I took the Kaplan class, my instructor offered to read and critique essays. I'd ask the Kaplan people about this, they're sure to know.

Yeah, you can turn in your essays at any time to the Kaplan office. They have graders that will grade and give you feedback. Pretty sure you can do this whenever you want, so you can turn in like 10 essays at once. This was at least how it worked at my test center. This was about a year ago though. So you should double check.

thanks guys for your input! the only problem is i am taking an online class because i go to school out in the middle of no where, meaning i am rather far from a Kaplan testing center...should i call them and ask?

Members don't see this ad :)
are there any other websites that do it? I have kaplans verbal edge, but im not in a kaplan class. Their office is very close by tho.

kaplan doesn't require that you physically turn in your essays to their center. in fact, they prefer if you do it through email. find the verbal instructor for the kaplan center you are enrolled with (if online, call kaplan national. 1800KAPTEST) in order to get the instructor's email.

I know this is an old post, but I have an answer and want it on the record in case someone else is looking.

Princeton reviews book (cracking the mcat CBT, or some title like that), gave me online access to four hand graded with feedback writing sample scores. The feedback was detailed and very helpful, and did not take more than 3 days to arrive. I did no more than ten (not many) practice writing samples essays, and I got an R!! And, i know their feedback helped with this.

I didnt even know it had this when I bought the book!

If anyone ever needs the exact title of it, pm me and I will look it up.