2022-2023 Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (KHSC-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1. What failures have you experienced that have shaped you as an individual and prepared you for the rigors of medical school?
2. What have you found as the most effective way to prioritize your time?
3. What individuals and experiences have led to your interest in Osteopathic Medicine and motivated you to apply to KHSC-KansasCOM?

They didn't have character/word limits specified, but on last year's thread someone said it seemed like it was 500 words for each of them, so that's what I based my responses off of.

@PapaGuava
Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else still waiting on the secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol forget I even applied until I got my secondary here. Actually interested in this school, do they screen hard for secondaries?

Lol forget I even applied until I got my secondary here. Actually interested in this school, do they screen hard for secondaries?
Apparently because I was verified in May and haven't gotten a single thing yet :( i was really interested to go here

Secondary received today, primary sent on 08/08.

Last edited by a moderator:
was anyone able to log into the portal? when i put my email in so they can send me the temporary password i don't receive the email

Members don't see this ad :)
was anyone able to log into the portal? when i put my email in so they can send me the temporary password i don't receive the email
My temp password went to my spam folder! Make sure to check there! Congrats on the secondary :)

My temp password went to my spam folder! Make sure to check there! Congrats on the secondary :)
omg thank you so much! I was checking the promotion and social folder but chose to overlook the spam folder lol

Reactions: 1 user
brother I still don’t have a secondary LMAO idk if I should even email them at this point

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
brother I still don’t have a secondary LMAO idk if I should even email them at this point

Based off the posts here, I don't think a lot of people received secondary essays from here yet and it's kind of late. But I'm going to assume it's going to be like ARCOM with secondary and then II right away

Reactions: 2 users
I wonder when I can hear back about my app, might email them next week if I don’t hear anything

Still no IIs here, right? I saw this on their website, but I'm assuming it's from last year: "Interviews will begin in late January and will conclude in April."

They also have conflicting info in the same paragraph (one sentence says interviews are virtual, then at the bottom it talks about on-campus interviews), so I'm guessing the website just hasn't been updated/reviewed?

Still no IIs here, right? I saw this on their website, but I'm assuming it's from last year: "Interviews will begin in late January and will conclude in April."

They also have conflicting info in the same paragraph (one sentence says interviews are virtual, then at the bottom it talks about on-campus interviews), so I'm guessing the website just hasn't been updated/reviewed?
Yeah I feel like that is according to last year bc I think this school is new and could’ve been added as a school to your application in December, so they started interviewing in Jan

Bruh I still don’t even have a secondary why we onto II 💆‍♀️

For those that submitted secondary, did y’all get a complete email? If so, when

For those that submitted secondary, did y’all get a complete email? If so, when
No, I just got a secondary received email that said my documents were being reviewed. I checked the portal three days later and my status said "Application in Review" which hasn't changed since

I reached out to ask how long it would take to hear back after submitting the secondary and when interviews would start. I was told that it should take about 4 weeks and didn’t get a clear answer about interviews. Hope this helps!

Last time I called they said interviews would start in late September. So I assume II are going out soon?

Anybody else have trouble setting up their account? I've been trying to receive a temporary password but I don't get any emails.

not them sending me an email to apply to their school, even tho i already did and waiting for a secondary.
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

II just now, IS, complete 8/17

I saw their website recommended a minimum of 4 community service activities. Has anyone gotten a secondary with less? I don’t want to waste money applying if there isn’t a chance.

I saw their website recommended a minimum of 4 community service activities. Has anyone gotten a secondary with less? I don’t want to waste money applying if there isn’t a chance.
i didn't even see that. i applied and haven't gotten a secondary. but i've heard they are somewhat lenient with requirements if you are close, like if you have 3 service activties and a lot of other things maybe?

Hmm wonder if that's why I haven't gotten a secondary...I have 3 very good ones

That's just listed under "recommended for increasing competitiveness." I don't meet all of the things that they have listed (including that one) and got a secondary pretty quick

Edit: I imagine just having a mixture of things on there in general helps, I doubt they expect most applicants to meet all of those