2022-2023 Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (KHSC-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hmm wonder if that's why I haven't gotten a secondary...I have 3 very good ones
they've beens ending rejections too so i guess if we haven't heard anything, its a good sign

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I saw their website recommended a minimum of 4 community service activities. Has anyone gotten a secondary with less? I don’t want to waste money applying if there isn’t a chance.

Got a secondary and I had like 2/3 volunteer activities. I’m sure I didn’t have 4. I don’t remember my app lol

Reactions: 1 user
I just got II as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Me again,
Biochemistry says they want 4.5 quarter hours. My school was 4 quarter hours. Anyone know if they’re lenient on the .5? Can I add another bio class in addition to biochem to reach the 4.5? I’ve never had this issue with any of the other schools. The .5 seems odd to me.

Me again,
Biochemistry says they want 4.5 quarter hours. My school was 4 quarter hours. Anyone know if they’re lenient on the .5? Can I add another bio class in addition to biochem to reach the 4.5? I’ve never had this issue with any of the other schools. The .5 seems odd to me.
i had the same question. i have an Interview this week but I got an email stating I am missing credits cuz the .5

i had the same question. i have an Interview this week but I got an email stating I am missing credits cuz the .5
Did you ever ask if you can use another class in addition to biochemistry? I emailed admissions already but haven’t received a response yet.

Can any current students speak about how their schooling is going? Any feedback would be awesome.

Worthwhile to call them and ask "yo, where's my secondary?" Or just keep waiting ha..
How long have you been waiting? Mine came in pretty fast. Did you not send in your MCAT score perhaps?

Members don't see this ad :)
II just now, OOS, 3.2 GPA and 503 MCAT, lots of healthcare experience and service hours bc I'm a non-trad. If anyone has done their interview and would like to share, that would be so appreciated! :)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
II, OOS 3.2 cGPA 511 MCAT, non-trad in healthcare tech.

Was anyone else able to register for a date that showed up as waitlist? The date I picked showed as waitlist but when I clicked into it it said that there were 10 spots left and it let me register through and I got a confirmation email.

• Love
II, OOS 3.2 cGPA 511 MCAT, non-trad in healthcare tech.

Was anyone else able to register for a date that showed up as waitlist? The date I picked showed as waitlist but when I clicked into it it said that there were 10 spots left and it let me register through and I got a confirmation email.
When were you complete?

When were you complete?
Submitted secondary on 9/11. Never got a completed email that I can find

Edit: The day I submitted the secondary I got the "thanks for submitting your secondary your app is under review" email

Last edited:
II earlier today! OOS, MCAT 500, GPA 3.4, secondary was also complete on 8/25

Reactions: 2 users
Called the admissions office and they have been telling me you will hear a response for II between 2-4 weeks.

Also I have been seeing people ask about word count for secondaries. It doesn't say directly till you type stuff up, but the word count is 500 words per question.

II just now! OOS, 500 MCAT (super low cars), 3.7 GPA

Anyone who already interviewed have any tips? How was the overall day?

II received. It looks like they had slots open for this week but I couldn’t actually register until the 10/19 date

just got an interview! do you guys know how to like cancel an ii bc I accidentally registered on a day I have another interview. I booked for the next date but I don't see an option to cancel my first one it's weird. I can cancel the second but not the earlier date

Anyone know if CASPER is absolutely required? I called and they said it was but I really want to avoid paying $100 if people have been getting interviews without it... please lmk!!

Anyone know if CASPER is absolutely required? I called and they said it was but I really want to avoid paying $100 if people have been getting interviews without it... please lmk!!
I believe so. Havent gotten an II yet but when I called to ask a question, the person on the phone told me to make sure I send in/take the Casper.

Hi guys! I have an interview coming up in 2 days. Anyone have any tips? I was just sent the interview agenda and noticed that there's 2 interview sessions. How were the interviewers? Thank you!

Hi guys! I have an interview coming up in 2 days. Anyone have any tips? I was just sent the interview agenda and noticed that there's 2 interview sessions. How were the interviewers? Thank you!
Hi! I had mine yesterday and had a pretty good experience! There were 2 interviewers, both of mine were faculty/admin, but not physicians. They were lovely and very easy to talk to, one asked an ethical question and the other was "critical thinking" (mine was "what is the biggest healthcare issue in the country right now", so very common interview questions.

Have a great time, and good luck!

Hi! I had mine yesterday and had a pretty good experience! There were 2 interviewers, both of mine were faculty/admin, but not physicians. They were lovely and very easy to talk to, one asked an ethical question and the other was "critical thinking" (mine was "what is the biggest healthcare issue in the country right now", so very common interview questions.

Have a great time, and good luck
Thank you so much! I hope you did well on your interview! Best of luck

Last edited: