2023-2024 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do we know if there will ever be movement? anyone have an estimate of how much we can expect?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like it is already over and was minimal. Every other school in California has already had WL movement… happy to eat my words though

Call me a stalker but in the last week the FB accepted group went from 198 >> 194. Not sure if it means much though

I feel like it is already over and was minimal. Every other school in California has already had WL movement… happy to eat my words though

Movement here last year didn't begin until mid May. They tend to take a while before moving people in

I tried calling the office but it ended abruptly/no one picked up :/

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
another data point: i got absolutely nothing from ucsd lol but it was still my cheapest option

I sent an email to admissions asking about WL movement. Will keep everyone updated :)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Anyone else in the endless cycle of alternating checking between their email and SDN? 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else in the endless cycle of alternating checking between their email and SDN? 😅
me but I got a steady rotation going between SDN, email, and the fb group and x2 for both my waitlists. this is excruciating 😭

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Do we think they'll keep notifying people on Fridays as they were doing for regular decisions? Or do we think it's gonna be randomly whenever they make their decisions lol, i'm slowly going crazy

Do we think they'll keep notifying people on Fridays as they were doing for regular decisions? Or do we think it's gonna be randomly whenever they make their decisions lol, i'm slowly going crazy
Personally I think any day or time is fair game but maybe they will be stick with the Fridays but whose to know for sure 🤷‍♀️ ( also don’t worry I’m going crazy too)

I’m keeping an eye out around noon/early afternoon since it seems most past reported As were around that time. I’m slowly descending into madness too !!

do we think movement has happened based on facebook numbers?

Somebody else in the thread also sent an email earlier today, so maybe we can just hold off for a couple days to see if the earlier person gets a response?

do we think movement has happened based on facebook numbers?
Looked at other schools Facebook pages and here are some of their numbers

UCLA: class size ~175 with 257 members in the page with 8 new people joining this week and confirmed WL movement on SDN

UCI: class size ~114 with 200 in Facebook with 23 joining this week . Also with confirmed WL movement on SDN

So basically this is just my way of making myself feel better ( and hopefully someone else too) and trying to not stress anymore than already am lol

UCSD 140 class size and 190 members rn ( so not scary that more than class size imo )
But with UCSD having only one new member this week just gonna assume it’s some MS4 trying to sell their stuff 😅

Just wanted to let everyone know that UCSD sent accepted students an email letting us know that they are extending the CYMS commit to enroll until June 24! Just wanted to let you guys know because that will probably affect the rate of WL movement!

• Wow
Just wanted to let everyone know that UCSD sent accepted students an email letting us know that they are extending the CYMS commit to enroll until June 24! Just wanted to let you guys know because that will probably affect the rate of WL movement!
That's AWFUL

but great for them :(

thank you for the heads up

Lmfao what a joke

Looked at other schools Facebook pages and here are some of their numbers

UCLA: class size ~175 with 257 members in the page with 8 new people joining this week and confirmed WL movement on SDN

UCI: class size ~114 with 200 in Facebook with 23 joining this week . Also with confirmed WL movement on SDN

So basically this is just my way of making myself feel better ( and hopefully someone else too) and trying to not stress anymore than already am lol

so we are waiting for 50 people to drop out before WL movement can happen?
UCSD 140 class size and 190 members rn ( so not scary that more than class size imo )
But with UCSD having only one new member this week just gonna assume it’s some MS4 trying to sell their stuff 😅

so we are waiting for 50 people to drop out before WL movement can happen ?

Not exactly, there are a few current medical students in the fb group! There are 107 in the GroupMe.

based on what people said in the group chat! I know personally for me that was the deciding factor to go to SD over other programs
By group chat, do you mean the GroupMe? I was just curious because I got nothing from UCSD RIP. But its still the most affordable so I guess its not all that bad!

So 107 accepted? And the rest are older med students?
There are 107 of us in the group me but it’s possible that not everyone has had the chance to join/ is aware of it existing. There’s about 10 current med students in the FB group from what I can tell (not all are listed as admin/group experts). At second look one of the deans mentioned that they accepted 267 students this year

ah okay. about how much WL movement do we think there will be, then?