Interview invites-how early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received a standard "thank-you for applying and we look forward to reviewing your completed application as it becomes available."

Members don't see this ad.

That's cool.
Northwestern haven't even downloaded my application yet... :(

Which specialty did u apply to?

I got the same generic thing from Northwestern (applying IM categorical). I didn't know if I should take it as good or bad that they didn't offer an interview.

This AM got interview offer in IM from Northwestern. They also wrote that they want me to apply to their "PSTP" program (Research type track).

yay!

Has anyone had an interview offer in a non-primary care field?

Neurology at Jefferson

hello lakerfan,

i applied to georgetown too and after reading your email realised that i have been deleting hundreds of spam messages the past few days.. it just hit me maybe their "yes or no" message went to my spam folder.. now i am a lil tense.. there hasnt been any message on eras.. is there any way i can sleep better tonite?

Currently have 3 IM invites, UT in Memphis, Franklin Square in B-more, and Carolina Medical Center in Charlotte, NC

hello lakerfan,

i applied to georgetown too and after reading your email realised that i have been deleting hundreds of spam messages the past few days.. it just hit me maybe their "yes or no" message went to my spam folder.. now i am a lil tense.. there hasnt been any message on eras.. is there any way i can sleep better tonite?

here what the ERAS message area states:
What does the Message Center do and not do?
The Message Center displays copies of e-mails sent by programs from their ERAS Software. Because those e-mails go through the ERAS system, we are able to provide you with a copy, as a confirmation of delivery. Note however, that the original message was sent to your e-mail account, the one you specified in your Profile.

PLEASE NOTE: The Message Center can only show you e-mails sent through the ERAS PostOffice. Messages sent outside of the ERAS system, such as direct e-mails from the program's own e-mail account, will not be captured in the Message Center.

You should check your e-mail account regularly for all e-mails. You should also check your Junk Mail Settings to ensure nothing slips through the cracks!

Got an invite from J. Peter Smith in Fort Worth for transitional year. I've been dying to get an invite, but now I have no clue when to schedule it for.

Got my first invite to a transitional year program today:)

Got an invite this morning from University of Tennessee, Knoxville - first one for general surgery that I have heard of.

Got my first EM interview today from Ohio State--yeah buckeyes!

And...I have no LORs on ERAS yet!

I sent my application 9/11 and got my first interview 9/13 (medicine, categorical). I only have my CAF, PS, USMLE transcript and photo (that for sure isn't a selling point). All the programs uploaded my application within three days except one (UC Davis).

Peds interview invites...
1. UMaryland
2. UMDNJ Camden (Cooper)
best of luck everyone!

Anesthesia Invites

1. Penn State U.
2. U. of Michigan
3. U. of Kansas-Wichita

Anyone gotten prelim interviews in NY or Philly? If so, how long after you applied did you hear from them?

I was just wondering - how does one respond to an interview invite?

Is it better to call or email back the program (if the invite was via ERAS message)?

I was just wondering - how does one respond to an interview invite?

Is it better to call or email back the program (if the invite was via ERAS message)?

Anesthesia invites at UAB (by snail mail), UF (by email/ERAS mail). Transitional yr invite at community program in southeast (email then snail mail two days later). I called UF, emailed the TY program. Will call UAB on Monday. I would generally call but the TY program said to call or email and email is just easier.

I've gotten Gen Surg invites from Yale and Ohio State. Good luck everyone!

Internal Med invite from Medical College of Georgia today!! WOO HOO!!!! My first one!

Radiology at Nebraska! My first one too! Can finally cut down on the nail biting....

Congrats to all of you...super impressive with the invites so far!

Two invites -- prelim medicine at Northwestern and a prelim medicine in Evanston.

got email invite (not in eras messages section) from one of the ucla affiliated hospitals for IM. (not main ucla program).

Two invites from Albert Einstein in philly for prelim med and transitional year on 9/19

any updates for interviews? anyone get interviews from california IM programs?

any updates for interviews? anyone get interviews from california IM programs?

yes, UC Irvine and Kaiser Oakland - likely won't go if I get lots of other invites

are all ur letters, mpse in and was it by email or eras, or both? thanks.

i got 3 letters in, but mspe obviously wont be in til nov 1st
and they're all through both
i dont go to a cali med school though, btw

i got 3 letters in, but mspe obviously wont be in til nov 1st
and they're all through both
i dont go to a cali med school though, btw

U guys with all these interviews are your transcripts in or are they giving you these interviews just based on step scores and LORs? Also which step scores do you guys have in step 1 or both and how many letters do you guys have in. Just trying to see what it takes to get all these early interviews. I'm especially curious about those getting rads and gas interviews. Thanks in advance.

U guys with all these interviews are your transcripts in or are they giving you these interviews just based on step scores and LORs? Also which step scores do you guys have in step 1 or both and how many letters do you guys have in. Just trying to see what it takes to get all these early interviews. I'm especially curious about those getting rads and gas interviews. Thanks in advance.

hey, i thought u were doing derm? switching to rads or gas now? anyways, i just got an interview for loma linda IM. Turned in my app the first day, first LOR came in that first week, second letter came in the 3rd week, and third LOR came in last week.

hey, i thought u were doing derm? switching to rads or gas now? anyways, i just got an interview for loma linda IM. Turned in my app the first day, first LOR came in that first week, second letter came in the 3rd week, and third LOR came in last week.

I just wanted a feel for what some specialties required befor giving interviews. Wanted to know if you had to be complete (with LORs and transcripts) before they sent out interviews. From reading this thread medicine seems to be giving interviews before all the LORs are in. Do you guys have transcripts sent in already too? My school won't even upload transcripts before Nov 1 unless you specifically tell them to and you have to have a reason like applying to a program with deadlines for everything (except mspe) before Nov 1.

I just wanted a feel for what some specialties required befor giving interviews. Wanted to know if you had to be complete (with LORs and transcripts) before they sent out interviews. From reading this thread medicine seems to be giving interviews before all the LORs are in. Do you guys have transcripts sent in already too? My school won't even upload transcripts before Nov 1 unless you specifically tell them to and you have to have a reason like applying to a program with deadlines for everything (except mspe) before Nov 1.

my photo, transcript, lors, and usmle transcript are all in. only thing missing is mpse.

got invite from usc today for IM.

I got my first interview invitation on 9/7 in FM and all I had submitted was my CAF, so it seems some programs definitely give out interviews before the application is complete. I've gotten 8 other interview invites since then, and by that time, most had my CAF, transcript, board scores, and at least 1 LOR. I just submitted my personal statement last week.