LIU C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
(because im patient and it's killing me not to know)
I sent an email to admissions asking about timelines/status update for those of us that interviewed but have not heard back. I'll update when I receive a reply.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys! Last cycle everyone who got an interview got accepted or waitlisted (as far as i know anyway). I got waitlisted myself, bottom half. I ended up getting accepted like 3 weeks before classes started and had to defer because I was stuck in my lease. But, we got emails about being waitlisted on decision day (or the day after?) stating where we were on the waitlist. No one heard anything before that except the occasional acceptance due to someone else declining their seat. I hope this helps settle everyone's nerves, there's hope even if you're bottom half!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone gotten any information about dates? Like the first day of classes and winter break and such?
Current 2nd year at LIU, we do not even have a schedule for Fall yet. If you are curious you can periodically check for an Academic Calendar on LIU’s website. First day of class is usually last Monday of August, and winter break is usually after fall semester meaning mid December. I hope that helps a bit

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Last cycle everyone who got an interview got accepted or waitlisted (as far as i know anyway). I got waitlisted myself, bottom half. I ended up getting accepted like 3 weeks before classes started and had to defer because I was stuck in my lease. But, we got emails about being waitlisted on decision day (or the day after?) stating where we were on the waitlist. No one heard anything before that except the occasional acceptance due to someone else declining their seat. I hope this helps settle everyone's nerves, there's hope even if you're bottom half!
I'm skeptical to think that this will be the same case this cycle since it sounds like someone who got accepted already knew someone who got rejected already as well (and they interviewed) :(

I'm skeptical to think that this will be the same case this cycle since it sounds like someone who got accepted already knew someone who got rejected already as well (and they interviewed) :(
I’m inclined to believe that we won’t truly know until we know for sure. It seems things might vary year by year and we just need to go with the flow

does anyone know when we'll hear about the NAVLE pass rate? that is the one thing holding me back from attending LIU

I already booked my flight for Ross

• Haha
Anyone heard anymore news about acceptances? Still waiting to hear back. I interviewed the 12th.

Anyone heard anymore news about acceptances? Still waiting to hear back. I interviewed the 12th.
It sounds like those who interviewed and haven’t heard back yet probably won’t hear anything until April 15th (unless people who’ve already been accepted decline their seat, then a few people here and there may get individual acceptances rather than part of a wave of acceptances).

Someone in this group posted on Jan 24 that admissions said the people who interviewed would hear something in the next few days (almost 2 weeks ago). Any more information on that?

When I interviewed they told my group that we would hear back in February. I might send a follow up email in the next few days.

Reactions: 1 users
I know they send acceptances in waves but did anyone hear aside from that first January 18th wave?

Members don't see this ad :)
Reading last years thread, it sounds like we probably won't hear anything before the April commit deadline in terms of a decision. We'll get a general update email later this month basically saying if you haven't interviewed then you're not being considered (sent as a mass email even if you have interviewed). Last year 2 rounds of acceptances were sent out in back to back weeks at the end of January and then no one heard anything until April 17th which stated where on the waitlist they were (top 50 or not). It sounds like a lot of the student in the top 50 spots got offers and some in the lower portion did as well.

Reading last years thread, it sounds like we probably won't hear anything before the April commit deadline in terms of a decision. We'll get a general update email later this month basically saying if you haven't interviewed then you're not being considered (sent as a mass email even if you have interviewed). Last year 2 rounds of acceptances were sent out in back to back weeks at the end of January and then no one heard anything until April 17th which stated where on the waitlist they were (top 50 or not). It sounds like a lot of the student in the top 50 spots got offers and some in the lower portion did as well.
Was there another time when acceptances were sent out this cycle besides on January 18th? They told me in my interview we would hear beginning of February so maybe they'll send something out this week if there's more than one wave?

(because im patient and it's killing me not to know)
I sent an email to admissions asking about timelines/status update for those of us that interviewed but have not heard back. I'll update when I receive a reply.
They still haven’t replied?

I interviewed on the 8th and still have no news

This feels worse than getting rejected tbh

Okay so I just received an email stating that I am indeed on the waitlist OOS. I interviewed back on 1/11/24. Does anyone else’s say “Congratulations on being among the top-ranking applicants on the waitlist for the Class of 2028 at the College of Veterinary Medicine, Long Island University”. It never said my place on the waitlist.

Okay so I just received an email stating that I am indeed on the waitlist OOS. I interviewed back on 1/11/24. Does anyone else’s say “Congratulations on being among the top-ranking applicants on the waitlist for the Class of 2028 at the College of Veterinary Medicine, Long Island University”. It never said my place on the waitlist.

Mine said the same thing. Congrats on waitlist though!!!

I got the same thing. Did everyone’s say the same thing? Or did people actually get specifics on where they are on the waitlist

I got the same thing. Did everyone’s say the same thing? Or did people actually get specifics on where they are on the waitlist
I just replied to the email asking if they could provide that information! I’ll let you know what they say when or if they reply!!

Reactions: 2 users
I think that if you're on the bottom half, they specifically will say that because that's what mine said :/ if they didn't state it I think you can assume you're in the top half!! Congrats!!!!

Top of the waitlist and so excited! Does anyone know if the April 16th date is definite? If they have people decline seats before then, why wouldn't they start pulling off the waitlist earlier than that?

I think that if you're on the bottom half, they specifically will say that because that's what mine said :/ if they didn't state it I think you can assume you're in the top half!! Congrats!!!!
Did yours say bottom half?

Mine says the same thing about the top rankings of the waitlist but I’m wondering if everyone’s says that??

I know a lot of people in the middle and bottom sections got accepted last year, so I’m sure it’ll be the same this year!

Top of the waitlist and so excited! Does anyone know if the April 16th date is definite? If they have people decline seats before then, why wouldn't they start pulling off the waitlist earlier than that?
I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if they are waiting until that date since everyone will have to make a decision by that day, so I think it’ll be after then. Also, did yours specifically say top of the waitlist? Congratulations!

I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if they are waiting until that date since everyone will have to make a decision by that day, so I think it’ll be after then. Also, did yours specifically say top of the waitlist? Congratulations!
That makes sense! Mine said "Congratulations on being among the top-ranking applicants on the waitlist for the Class of 2028 at the College of Veterinary Medicine, Long Island University". I was only assuming it was top half because of the other post on here where someone said that their email said bottom half. Thank you!

They do make a distinction between top candidates/ not. Mine says "Typically, offers are extended to candidates who ranked in the top half after their interview. While your application falls in the bottom half, in previous admissions cycles there have been instances of offers being extended to applicants in similar positions."

Mine is on the bottom half as well. Fingers crossed

could people get off the waitlist before April or unlikely for it to move before then?

Anyone have any idea how many people are on the waitlist?

I just got a reply from LIU Admissions. They will not share exactly where we are on the waitlist. Per the email, you just know if you’re in the top half or bottom half. Why don’t some colleges let us know where we are on the waitlist?? It lets us plan our futures accordingly and see if we have a shot to getting into vet school. 😭

I just got a reply from LIU Admissions. They will not share exactly where we are on the waitlist. Per the email, you just know if you’re in the top half or bottom half. Why don’t some colleges let us know where we are on the waitlist?? It lets us plan our futures accordingly and see if we have a shot to getting into vet school. 😭
I know. I wish we had some kind of idea of how many people are on the waitlist to know what top or bottom half even looks like!

yeah Its quite frustrating. LIU also refused to share their admitted student stats when I emailed them:( Probably just more beneficial for them to do so being a newer program

yeah Its quite frustrating. LIU also refused to share their admitted student stats when I emailed them:( Probably just more beneficial for them to do so being a newer program
You can use this link to see admitted students stats: Admitted Student Statistics - AAVMC . I know being waitlisted is frustrating, but LIU's waitlist tends to move a lot, even for the bottom half. Don't lose hope. Feel free to reach out with any questions!

I received the email too. So are we all thinking the same thing... if it says "congratulations on being among the top ranking applicants on the waitlist..." that this means you're in the top half? What does it say if you're in the bottom half?

The waitlist doesn't move before april 16th even if accepted applicants chose another school before then??

The waitlist doesn't move before april 16th even if accepted applicants chose another school before then??

I think so. Also because if you’re taken off the waitlist, you only have 2-3 days to commit to the school and pay your seat deposit. So I don’t think they could ask you to commit in that short amount of time before the 4/15 deadline in case you are still waiting to hear from other schools.

Too bad they can't tell us if we're in like the top 10, 20, 50

Does anyone know if they made a Facebook page for 2028? cause then we could see how many people joined