2003 Sinai Countdown Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey all

I recently called and I was told that the waitlist is still ranked and will be ranked until Aug 11. I don't know where are people getting their info as far as case by case thing goes.

Members don't see this ad.

Lab Rat,

Are you interested in MD/PhD (or research for that matter) or in the MD program?

In the e-mail it didn't specifically state a deadline, but I think they give about two weeks for you to accept.

Chicago has by FAR better research than Sinai, but I did love my visit to Sinai much better than U of C and the area is a LOT better (in my opinion)...

...but Chicago is a nice city as well, so if research is a priority and you are ready to venture off to Chicago, I would chose U of C. In terms of residency options, both will open up doors to great places (and don't mind the naysayers about the Sinai's hospital system troubles because that will probably mainly affect the hospital residencies (but only in the short term)).

I hope I didn't make your decision any more painful :)

Members don't see this ad :)
lab rat, i'm confused...did you get into sinai too?

bdwaag, what did you decide? i don't mean to pester you, i've just heard that the wait-list at sinai stopped moving...if you decline, i guess that means that it still is moving.

odd that they didn't specify a deadline.

Who told you the waitlist stopped moving?

Yeah, how did you find out?

i have a friend who is on the wait-list at sinai, and happened to get in touch w/ the CEO of sinai (dr. kenneth davis) to ask him for help getting in. dr. davis emailed him back and said 'i have spoken to the director of admissions and the class is full.' so, this person was basing his comment on that statement.

anyone w/ any other news?

bdawg, did you accept?

I called Diane Bailey and she said the waitlist is still moving.

She is the admissions secretary.

Bumping this up. What the hay. Might as well torture myself until the last minute.

anyone with recent news? All I've heard is that it's going to be case by case now.

I ended up turning down my acceptance to Sinai...good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
not much hope left in me either.

Has anyone heard anything? What is the official last day to hear from sinai?

Unitil the day of registration which i guess would make it Aug 11

Has everyone in this thread been accepted elsewhere?

So pformed, just 14 days eh? Also, is it just LABRAT,PFORMED, & Myself left

i am holding a spot elsewhere but am still holding out for sinai.....I do have a bit of a sour taste in my mouth over this whole waitlist thing but what the hell....

good luck to all

-the happster

My other school starts on Aug 19, so i guess i waiting to the end. It's not much fun though.

Sinai needs to change their notification methods to all phone calls for waitlists. So much easier.... My interest is starting to be somewhat of a roller coaster..... my other school starts aug. 27

To all my Sinai waiters..... I called the admissions office I was told that the class was full, I think that there should be some movement still and this was there way of telling me that I am out of the running........

IN any case I wish you all the best of luck......

-the not so happster

lab-rat,

thanks so much for the nice words. I think you are right. I really liked the school when I visited but I felt that I was not treated in a decent fashion by the admissions people. Once I was even told that the Dean would call me back and they asked for my number....but he never did. In any case I wish everyone the best of luck, and lab-rat I am sure you are going to love pritzker:D :D :D

good luck.

the happster