2019-2020 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
End of the road - rejection today. Congratulations to those accepted and those placed on the waitlist. Good luck to all of you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS, interviewed 2/7, just got rejected. First rejection from somewhere I interviewed :( Hope everyone on here gets better news than I did. Luckily I have three other acceptances (so I can't complain) but AZ was one of my top choices.

+1. same situation. we would've made a fantastic bioethics club! lol. best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
IS rejection today. This one hurts because I know my SO will be devastated. But getting anywhere was the hope at the beginning and I am so grateful to have been accepted elsewhere. East coast here i come! Congratulations to all accepted, and good luck to those who are waitlisted!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Projected costs for in-state:

Tuition and Fees: $34,913.06
Remaining Cost of Attendance Components: $27,400.94
Total: $62,314.00

Unsubsidized Loan: $42,722.00
Grad PLUS Loan: $19,592.00

• Haha
  • Wow
anyone have any idea about how much movement there will be off the wait list?

Last year a lot of movement because it was the first time they couldn’t see how many acceptances students had. They might’ve adapted and it could be less this year because they accepted more students. Sometimes they never pulled off the waitlist. They will post here if they start pulling.

Withdrew, and I hope one of you awesome people get pulled of the wait list in my place! :)

• Love
Also withdrew which was hard since I was IS. Best of luck to everyone that are still waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 1 users
Got a call around 1:45pm PST that I got accepted!

Pre-interview hold 8/7, Interview 8/30, On Hold 10/21, Accepted 4/30

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call this morning! Rough MCAT scores, there is hope!!!

• Love
OMG!!!! Congratulations, it has been so great to see your story unfold here on this thread. Literally so happy for you!!!

To those who have been accepted off the waitlist, how long do you have to accept the offer? Congrats to all of you!

Accepted off the waitlist yesterday!!:soexcited: I received the call around 12 pm AZ time! Not going to lie, I may have cried over the phone... I can not wait to meet all of you. Sending my best wishes to those of you still waiting to hear, do not give up hope!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off the waitlist yesterday!!:soexcited: I received the call around 12 pm AZ time! Not going to lie, I may have cried over the phone... I can not wait to meet all of you. Sending my best wishes to those of you still waiting to hear, do not give up hope!

Congrats!! Good luck future Doctor!!:)

• Love

Congratulations congratulations congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember you were really holding out for this school!!! This is amazing!! This school was my top choice too <3 Can't wait to meet you!!!!!!!

• Love
Accepted Today!! Can't wait to meet all of you!

• Love
Accepted Today!! Can't wait to meet all of you!
I am SO SO SO happy for you!! Congratulations!!! I am anxiously hoping to hear from them too as it is my top choice!! My fiance moves to Tucson in a couple months for the radiology residency with UA and I am PRAYING we both end up there together! Gotta keep the faith!! <3

CONGRATULATIONS!! I cannot imagine how excited you must be! U of A Tucson is my TOP choice too! PRAYING I get the call as I am waitslisted too! Fingers crossed. SO ECSTATIC for you!

• Love

I am SO SO SO Ecstatic for you! Congratulations!!!!! I have been tracking your story on this thread for awhile and can only imagine how relieved you are to know YOU'RE in! SO well deserved. I am waitlisted now as well and hoping I see you in July as a fellow MS1 MEDCAT :)

• Love
I am SO SO SO Ecstatic for you! Congratulations!!!!! I have been tracking your story on this thread for awhile and can only imagine how relieved you are to know YOU'RE in! SO well deserved. I am waitlisted now as well and hoping I see you in July as a fellow MS1 MEDCAT :)

Thank you so much!!! Fingers crossed!!!!!!! I know for me, one of the most annoying things being on the waitlist is that U of A doesn't accept letters of interest, updates or intent. BUT it's kind of cool because when you do get off, because you feel like who you are was enough. Rooting for you so strongly!!!!! Your day will come!!! <3

Accepted off the waitlist on 04/30, OOS. Very excited! No call for me though, just an email.

Accepted!!! :biglove: II waitlisted until 1/14, II on 2/21, WL since then until yesterday!
The wait has been long, but worth it since they're my top choice. This feels so surreal!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted!!! :biglove: II waitlisted until 1/14, II on 2/21, WL since then until yesterday!
The wait has been long, but worth it since they're my top choice. This feels so surreal!
Congratulations!!!! Bear down!!!!

• Love
I got a phone call today with area code 520 for Tucson, Arizona and I got SO EXCITED thinking it was U of A calling me off the waitlist!!! When I answered the lady was SO chipper and excited and my heart nearly stopped you guys! I was like FINALLY, it's my turn, there is room for me!!! It turned out it was the Costco Pharmacy in Tucson letting me know my dog's Prozac was ready for pick up. LOL SIGHHHHHH. To everyone still hopeful on the waitlist as this is their ONE shot - I see you & I feel you!!! We got this!! GOOD VIBES ONLY!!! :happy:

I got a phone call today with area code 520 for Tucson, Arizona and I got SO EXCITED thinking it was U of A calling me off the waitlist!!! When I answered the lady was SO chipper and excited and my heart nearly stopped you guys! I was like FINALLY, it's my turn, there is room for me!!! It turned out it was the Costco Pharmacy in Tucson letting me know my dog's Prozac was ready for pick up. LOL SIGHHHHHH. To everyone still hopeful on the waitlist as this is their ONE shot - I see you & I feel you!!! We got this!! GOOD VIBES ONLY!!! :happy:

Aw when I got the notification that you posted, I was hoping it meant you got in!!! Still cheering for you!!!!!!