2019-2020 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will post-interview rejections also start being sent out this week?
We wont send out rejections till the end of March.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Not sure if it was a typo since today is Thursday but another round of acceptances are suppose to come out today? Maybe since it’s coming up to Spring Break weekend? Has anyone heard anything?
-thanks, from your fellow anxious pre Med

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Not sure if it was a typo since today is Thursday but another round of acceptances are suppose to come out today? Maybe since it’s coming up to Spring Break weekend? Has anyone heard anything?
I think it's tomorrow because they only call on Fridays. The committee meets on Thursdays I believe. I can be completely wrong though.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's tomorrow because they only call on Fridays. The committee meets on Thursdays I believe. I can be completely wrong though.
Thanks for responding! I thought so, I wanted to be sure since Admissions responded to this thread stating March 05 would be the next time.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for responding! I thought so, I wanted to be sure since Admissions responded to this thread stating March 05 would be the next time.
Yeah no totally! I'm also just as anxious! I'm putting positive vibes out there for both of us!!!

Feel free to PM me to share your neuroticism hahah

• Love

I was JUST thinking the exact same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! L O L

Side note: This process is really tough. Reading some of the posts on SDN in general (not just this thread) reminds me that I'm 1) not crazy, but most importantly 2) not alone. Good luck to us all, guys!!!!! Sending you love if you need it today.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Side note: This process is really tough. Reading some of the posts on SDN in general (not just this thread) reminds me that I'm 1) not crazy, but most importantly 2) not alone. Good luck to us all, guys!!!!! Sending you love if you need it today.

Good luck to you too! It is nice to know we are not alone in our neuroticism. Any of us going to sleep tonight? haha doubtful

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
I just called admissions and was told that the next wave of acceptances will go out not this week but Friday next week.

I just called admissions and was told that the next wave of acceptances will go out not this week but Friday next week.
Thanks for the update! UA is on spring break next week but maybe admissions doesn’t get a break

Members don't see this ad :)
I GOT AN ACCEPTANCE CALL JUST NOW!!! This is a dream come true. I’m a total underdog but I knew I had a unique story. They are truly holistic in their choices!! Good luck to everyone else!!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
I GOT AN ACCEPTANCE CALL JUST NOW!!! This is a dream come true. I’m a total underdog but I knew I had a unique story. They are truly holistic in their choices!! Good luck to everyone else!!

Congrats!! So happy for you:)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

When did you interview?

Anyone interview in February and get the call?

Anyone else having a small heart attack with every update email?

Mine just say "file under review" but geeze louise, that moment of apprehension is real.

Anyone else having a small heart attack with every update email?

Mine just say "file under review" but geeze louise, that moment of apprehension is real.

It is very real. But since I interviewed back in August, I’ve gotten so many that I guess my reaction is more “F you” when I open U of A’s waitlist status emails lol

• Haha

Congrats! What do you mean by total underdog? Do you mind sharing your story! Also LizzyM?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! What do you mean by total underdog? Do you mind sharing your story! Also LizzyM?
My MCAT blows.. I studied hard and couldn’t imagine retaking it. LizzyM is 65. All my prereqs were community college and several (biochem and all of physics) were online. Numbers aside, my application is strong with 10,000+ hours of direct patient care and multiple international volunteer trips. I spent months writing my personal statement and preparing for my interview, I think it was well worth it in the end!

Reactions: 3 users
My MCAT blows.. I studied hard and couldn’t imagine retaking it. LizzyM is 65. All my prereqs were community college and several (biochem and all of physics) were online. Numbers aside, my application is strong with 10,000+ hours of direct patient care and multiple international volunteer trips. I spent months writing my personal statement and preparing for my interview, I think it was well worth it in the end!
Well deserved acceptance! Stats aren’t the most important determinants of whether someone will be a great doctor or not and Tucson does a really great job at getting well-rounded, committed students. Best of luck to all the rest of us waiting to hear our decisions in the next few weeks!

It’s coming to an end fingers crossed for all of us hoping!

Reactions: 3 users
Can someone explain to me why they chose UofA Tuscon over Phoenix? What are the biggest differences?
I think each school has its own pros and cons. If you're looking to be exposed to more clinical sites in a major metropolitan area then Phoenix is your best bet. I'd say just explore their websites and offerings a bit. I have friends at both institutions and they like where they are.

Anyone expecting to hear anything today?
I doubt it. They've had acceptances every other week for the past little while. Plus, admissions is usually pretty good about posting updates on here.

How're we holding up this week hopefuls?

being quarantined means I have more time to overthink and worry about the delayed response lol but otherwise, alive and well

• Haha

Thanks for asking! Now it feels like I'm trying to forget two nightmares - 1) waiting to hear back from waitlists 2) this virus and the state of our health! LOL How about yourself?

• Haha
Do we think we will still hear Friday or has corona ruined this for us?:(

Hello- We will send decisions out tomorrow.
How many acceptances still remain? I saw somewhere that there would be 250 admittances sent out and was curious on how many are still left. Thank you very much!

Reactions: 1 user
just got the WL! interviewed in november

I just got the phone call this morning!!! Been on WL since November, a dream come true ❤️

• Love
OOS, interviewed 2/7, just got rejected. First rejection from somewhere I interviewed :( Hope everyone on here gets better news than I did. Luckily I have three other acceptances (so I can't complain) but AZ was one of my top choices.

Last edited:
  • Sad
OOS, interviewed 2/7, just got rejected. First rejection from somewhere I interviewed :( Hope everyone on here gets better new than I did. Luckily I have three other acceptances but AZ was one of my top choices.

It's kind of a shame they don't accept letters of interest or intent, because I'm assuming that you would've loved to put that in writing and describe that. Congratulations on all of the other acceptances!

It's kind of a shame they don't accept letters of interest or intent, because I'm assuming that you would've loved to put that in writing and describe that. Congratulations on all of the other acceptances!
I really appreciate that! Yes I agree, it would have felt nice to share my level of interest with them. And it just feels surprising because I tend to interview well overall and felt very strong on interview day. But who knows. Wasn't meant to be. I guess I'll end up South, Midwest, or Northeast instead of Southwest! I hope this application cycle goes splendidly for you.

• Love
IS - official waitlist! Interviewed early Feb. So excited as this is my top choice, so worth the wait. Also, sending positive energy to everyone hearing good and bad news today. I am here to talk if anyone got rejected and is feeling low. We gotta stick together y'all!

• Love