2023-2024 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait are both accepted and WL students on this call?

it appears it was 70 with both accepted and waitlist included. not sure how many of each there were

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I wasn’t able to attend the virtual second look thing everyone’s been posting about because I had a prior commitment I had volunteered for.

It’s kind of whack they told us on Thursday about an event on Saturday— that type of short notice doesn’t demonstrate great planning…

For those of you who did attend, what’s the tea?
I was only there for the classroom section but it was chill, they basically did a fake lecture to show us how like they involve a lot of problem solving in the classes rather than straight lecture. Seemed cool but nothing revolutionary imo…

it appears it was 70 with both accepted and waitlist included. not sure how many of each there were
How do u know, and do we have a ballpark by any chance of how many accepted were there? Just tryna figure out if we have any way of guessing how deep the WL goes lmao

Members don't see this ad :)
How do u know, and do we have a ballpark by any chance of how many accepted were there? Just tryna figure out if we have any way of guessing how deep the WL goes lmao

i know since i was on the call lol. they mentioned it was both accepted and waitlist but i really have no idea of how many of each. wish i knew myself

i know since i was on the call lol. they mentioned it was both accepted and waitlist but i really have no idea of how many of each. wish i knew myself
Word, must have been before I got on the call, here’s hoping it was majority accepted and the WL is actually tiny lmao

Word, must have been before I got on the call, here’s hoping it was majority accepted and the WL is actually tiny lmao
If you're on the WL the most important thing they told us was to have your financial aid stuff all taken care of and movement will start after May 1st until the class is full.

I would sue for mental damages holy ****
It was such a stab in the heart, but I went out for a nice dinner and did some thinking and decompressing and decided that the cost of living and rural campus were not what I was seeking, despite how much it hurts to be the recipient of such a hefty scholarship and not take it. I decided not to try to email asking to have my A back. It helped that I visited Second Look at another med school that weekend and fell in love with the city/school. I really hope someone on here gets that incredible scholarship and the acceptance--good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 1 users
It was such a stab in the heart, but I went out for a nice dinner and did some thinking and decompressing and decided that the cost of living and rural campus were not what I was seeking, despite how much it hurts to be the recipient of such a hefty scholarship and not take it. I decided not to try to email asking to have my A back. It helped that I visited Second Look at another med school that weekend and fell in love with the city/school. I really hope someone on here gets that incredible scholarship and the acceptance--good luck everyone :)
That’s awesome to hear, I’m sure u will do great there!

Withdrawing my A, bittersweet as I absolutely loved second look! Best of luck to all

• Care
If you're on the WL the most important thing they told us was to have your financial aid stuff all taken care of and movement will start after May 1st until the class is full.
What financial aid documents did we need to submit? I emailed to ask and never received a response.

A from the waitlist yesterday evening. Interviewed back in October. Still doesn't feel real.

Officially pulled my A today! Hope it goes to one of you lovely people! :)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Edit: Was accepted! After much difficulty with the phone call (I either have bad reception or a broken phone lol)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users