2023-2024 Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does clinical grading here have a limit on the number of honors they give?

Some clerkships try to present themselves as having a limit, but based on the graphs from my MSPE 90% of people get high pass or honors, with a roughly distribution between the two.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Officially withdrew! Good luck on the WL and in med school everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
To those on the WL I just went through past threads and it looks like in previous years they send emails asking if students were "still interested" in Einstein. I don't think that's happened this cycle looking through this thread.

Historically, WL movements started on May 9th and 10th in 2022 and 2023, respectively. So it looks like we should (hopefully) expect a response starting in two weeks about WL movement. Keeping my fingers crossed that there's some movement in this thread around then!!

Officially withdrew! Good luck on the WL and in med school everyone!
Thank you. Really hoping to get off WL. It was my top choice from getgo. Waitlisted and manifesting acceptance 🤞🍀

• Care
I wonder if, in the past, there's a difference between those that expressed interest vs expressed intent and who gets such an emails.
Apparently the people who received the "are you still interested?" emails had higher instances of getting accepted off of the WL. But they didn't seem to get sent this year so I'm not sure what the trend will be like this cycle. Fingers crossed and manifesting an acceptance as well haha

• Care
Apparently the people who received the "are you still interested?" emails had higher instances of getting accepted off of the WL. But they didn't seem to get sent this year so I'm not sure what the trend will be like this cycle. Fingers crossed and manifesting an acceptance as well haha
Got the "are you still interested" email about an hour ago so I think they're just being sent a little later this year

Got the "are you still interested" email about an hour ago so I think they're just being sent a little later this year
You got me to check my email and saw that I just received it as well! I could kiss you right now internet stranger lol

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious if anyone has asked current students what the exam schedule is like at Einstein? I know things are subject to change but wanted to know if exams are weekly, end-of-block, or 2-3x per block?

Just curious if anyone has asked current students what the exam schedule is like at Einstein? I know things are subject to change but wanted to know if exams are weekly, end-of-block, or 2-3x per block?
I've heard that they have a quiz one week, an exam the next week, and they're off for the third week

What should I say if I am not 100% sure yet on whether I would go to my PTE school or Einstein (free tuition is really nice)? I got the still interested email earlier today! From the HPWL

What should I say if I am not 100% sure yet on whether I would go to my PTE school or Einstein (free tuition is really nice)? I got the still interested email earlier today! From the HPWL
What will you do or find out to be sure? Do the research now and you will know what to reply to Einstein

Reactions: 1 user
I think that you don’t need to be 100% sure that you’d attend to say you’re still interested. You obviously seem to still be interested, so I’d just reply saying so and in the meantime do your research etc but you’re not wrong to say you’re still interested even if you’re not ready to commit

Just got the R off the Regular WL 🥲 good luck everyone!!

• Care
Post-II R. Not surprised. Good luck to everyone still in the running!!

• Care
At this point last year looks like there was only R's post late interviews, no R's from regular WL. So it does in fact seem like things might be different this year.
Yeah it seems like they’re not anticipating much movement but they’re probably aware that people may be waiting on other WL offers and they’re getting close to the class limit so they may dip a bit into the WL

Got the R from the regular WL, interviewed first day in September, honestly glad they told me early instead me having any sort of false hope.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
just got Rolling Admissions email with combined "are you still interested?"

It seems like decisions on Thursdays is the trend?
Yeah in previous years they sent out emails about WLs on Thursdays. The still interested email mentioned that you should get back by the 15th which leads me to believe that we might (hopefully) start hearing back on the 16th and onward if there's movement on the WL (fingers crossed)

need more intel whose got the intel
I think you mean:

Y'all Got Any More Of That.jpg

• Haha
does anyone have an idea if there has been any mstp waitlist movement. i know that Dr. Akabas's email from a couple months ago said that about half the matriculating class tends to come from the WL. also, i don't think the free tuition would effect the yield of the mstp As bc tuition was not an issue to being w for those candidates.

Heard some rumors that Einstein's class size will be decreasing starting this cycle? Is this true?
Also, do students get free admission to the Bronx Zoo?

Just looked through the past threads again (can't spell pre-med without neurotic) and it looks like in 2022 and 2023 it took somewhere between 2.5-3 weeks for WL movement to start for those who received the "are you still interested?" emails in mid or late April. Since these emails were sent last week for this cycle, I'm guessing decisions will (fingers crossed) start coming out for those of us on the WL sometime later next week (like sometime after Thursday the 16th) or the week after. This also checks out because we were given a two week notice (until May 15th) to reply back for the "are you still interested?" email and they would need some time to process all of those.

I am cautiously optimistic because I spoke to some advisors at my undergrad and they said that they wouldn't be sending out additional HPWL decisions and the "still interested" email if they weren't considering taking people off of the WL.

• Love